Any 9 mm Ar people in here

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Re: Any 9 mm Ar people in here

Post by certifiable »

Sharkbite wrote:
certifiable wrote:Christmas present to my wife I have spent the last 4 months gathering parts for.
Stamp came in on 12/22 after a 32 day wait and her face was aglow when she opened it today.
5.5" 9mm QC10 GSF build, TiRant 45 tri lug
Where did u get the tri-lug adapter? I need to set my Octane up like that.
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-3-Lug ... 8-p106.htm
http://www.bullseyeindoorrange.com/AAC- ... p_261.html
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
ASH22

Post by ASH22 »

Scratch wrote:
ASH22 wrote:Quarter Circle 10 also makes a Glock framed lower. Great company to deal with to.
How does that Circle 10 run, and how do you like it? I've been wanting to do a 9mm AR that takes Glock mags. I've heard that PSA is working on one also...
Mine has ran great from the begining. I've read a lot of mixed reviews on the LRBHO regarding its reliability, works, doesn't work, needs tweeking, and so forth. Was told by the owner of QC10 they were in the process of making a retrofit that will allow the bolt hold to function as intended... I guess i was lucky enough that mine didn't need anything but assembling and feeding it ammo, because it has functioned 100% with every kind of ammo I've ran through it, both suppressed and unsuppressed.
Highly recommend this lower if one is wanting a dedicated 9mm.
Dystaxia
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dystaxia »

Tristan wrote:I'll throw mine into the mix here. Still waiting on my can to get out of jail.

Can you post the specs of all the components you used in this? I really need a late Christmas present and I think I just found it. :)
ScottB70
Silent But Deadly

Post by ScottB70 »

certifiable wrote:Christmas present to my wife I have spent the last 4 months gathering parts for.
Stamp came in on 12/22 after a 32 day wait and her face was aglow when she opened it today.
5.5" 9mm QC10 GSF build, TiRant 45 tri lug
Sounds like a fun wife!
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Dystaxia wrote:
Tristan wrote:I'll throw mine into the mix here. Still waiting on my can to get out of jail.

Can you post the specs of all the components you used in this? I really need a late Christmas present and I think I just found it. :)
I second the notion!
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

I am still planning to build one, I have the Quarter Circle 10 Glock small frame lower.

I am trying to decide on a barrel and also between the the JP Rifles bolt and the Quarter Circle 10 bolt. If anyone has input on either of those it would be great.
Jmorrismetal
Silent Operator

Post by Jmorrismetal »

I built one with a permanent can on it, 16.125" with the end cap removed, so it is just one stamp for carbine length and suppressed.

In the middle here.
batman4706
Silent But Deadly

Post by batman4706 »

I have a JP bolt in mine and have been very happy with it. It also has a removable weight so you can use it with the new JP captured recoil buffer for the 9MM, which I don't have yet. I have the buffer in my 300 blk and like it.
certifiable
Silent But Deadly

Post by certifiable »

RDA wrote:I am still planning to build one, I have the Quarter Circle 10 Glock small frame lower.

I am trying to decide on a barrel and also between the the JP Rifles bolt and the Quarter Circle 10 bolt. If anyone has input on either of those it would be great.
The JP bolt is designed to work with the SCS right out of the box, no need to remove anything.
The QC10 bolt has a removable weight that is supposed to make it compatible with the SCS, but I can't say for certain as I went with both JP pieces.

I also went with a QC10 5.5" barrel and it feeds 147g FMJ like a champ as well as Winchester ranger 147g. I've had serious difficulties making the hornady 147g XTP feed until I increased the OAL to around 1.160" and it's still not 100%. I have very little prior experience with PCC's but the 1:10 twist barrel is certainly soda can accurate out to the 60 or so yards I've shot it and is a far superior firearm than the JR Carbine in 45ACP we bought a couple years ago.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln
RDA
Silent But Deadly

Post by RDA »

certifiable wrote:
RDA wrote:I am still planning to build one, I have the Quarter Circle 10 Glock small frame lower.

The JP bolt is designed to work with the SCS right out of the box, no need to remove anything.
The QC10 bolt has a removable weight that is supposed to make it compatible with the SCS, but I can't say for certain as I went with both JP pieces.

I also went with a QC10 5.5" barrel and it feeds 147g FMJ like a champ as well as Winchester ranger 147g. I've had serious difficulties making the hornady 147g XTP feed until I increased the OAL to around 1.160" and it's still not 100%. I have very little prior experience with PCC's but the 1:10 twist barrel is certainly soda can accurate out to the 60 or so yards I've shot it and is a far superior firearm than the JR Carbine in 45ACP we bought a couple years ago.
Great, thanks for your feedback here and previously via PM.

I am pretty certain I am going with the JP Bolt and silent spring set-up, it seems to work well together and is proven it appears. Not sure what length and brand of barrel, obviously this will be an SBR so barrel length will be in the 5.5" to 10" range, I'd prefer a barrel with 1/2x28 threads to work with current suppressors I own.