Cooper Cartridge Company

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: Cooper Cartridge Company

Post by plant.one »

Gunn Ammo shows as being in blakley GA..... only 15 miles from arlington.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Blakely ... 31.4398976
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Post by pvanwagner »

Yeah. That's probably him.
Baedarlboo
Silent Operator

Post by Baedarlboo »

Apparently Danny Cooper is a name associated with Gunn Ammo AND Cooper Cartridge. Most likely the same person... :roll:
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

while i dont want to hang all the small ammo manufacturer's with the garbage label this guy seems to be producing...

its incidents like this that stop me from buying small production ammo when i see it.

sure, hornady and remington, etc... are hard to find and often more expensive, but those company's also have things like proper R&D departments with pressure testing rigs, etc.

i'm sure there's a LOT of small companies out there producing good ammo, but i'm hesitant to stuff their product into a magazine and put both my person and firearm at risk.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
oxj

Post by oxj »

I'd have to disagree with you there. For example, I've had similar problems with Remington ammo. Large company does not guarantee quality. Bad lots happen to everyone. However, I would judge an ammo maker based on how they treat their customers when problems do occur.

Once I found couple of small ammo manufacturers that I liked I don't even look at Remington stuff any more.

Of course, loading your own is the way to go. That way you have only yourself to blame.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

i guess i've been lucky. i've been shooting hornady, federal, winchester and remington my whole life and never blown a primer.

but you're right. reloading is the ticket. been pressing my own for a couple years now.
AR-300
Silent But Deadly

Post by AR-300 »

If 300 blk Cooper Ammo is as bad as Gunn ammo was,
STAY AWAY!!!!
PSA 10.5" & 16'' FN CHF CL 300 AAC Blackout
WalterGA
Silent But Deadly

Post by WalterGA »

Yep, that's Danny Cooper. That is his correct cell # shown on the pic of the box. Give him a call. He sure is selling a lot of 300 Blackout. I've fired some of his subs as well as supers with no problems.

Maybe that was a bad lot?

Danny's selling to Brownell's, as well as a large distributor on the left coast. Seems-to-me, he'd be getting a lot more complaints if he was systemically loading bad ammo.

I'm going to send a link to this thread to Danny via his personal e-mail.
Baedarlboo
Silent Operator

Post by Baedarlboo »

WalterGA wrote:Yep, that's Danny Cooper. That is his correct cell # shown on the pic of the box. Give him a call. He sure is selling a lot of 300 Blackout. I've fired some of his subs as well as supers with no problems.

Danny's selling to Brownell's, as well as a large distributor on the left coast. Seems-to-me, he'd be getting a lot more complaints if he was systemically loading bad ammo.

Seem's the complaints are already there between Gunn and Cooper. I sent him an email with the same pictures I posted in this thread. If he really was interested or had any sort of concerns I think he would have emailed me back. Actions speak louder then words...
WalterGA
Silent But Deadly

Post by WalterGA »

Baedarlboo wrote:
WalterGA wrote:Yep, that's Danny Cooper. That is his correct cell # shown on the pic of the box. Give him a call. He sure is selling a lot of 300 Blackout. I've fired some of his subs as well as supers with no problems.

Seem's the complaints are already there between Gunn and Cooper. I sent him an email with the same pictures I posted in this thread. If he really was interested or had any sort of concerns I think he would have emailed me back. Actions speak louder then words...
I sent Danny a link to this thread, as I said I would. He immediately called me, very concerned. He says that he was trying a powder that is recommended for 300 Blackout, but which has only about a 2gr variance between starting and max load. He's not using that powder now, and will make any bad ammo good.

I have no financial interest in Danny's business...have just known him for a long time. Danny's not really comfortable posting on forums like this, but I've encouraged him to start doing so.