Cooper Cartridge Company

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Baedarlboo
Silent Operator

Cooper Cartridge Company

Post by Baedarlboo »

Recently went to Bullseye gun Range in Lawrenceville GA. and bought some plinking ammo for the range. Be aware of serious over pressure signs! This is labeled lot#100087. Gun in question is AAC 16".
gds
Silent But Deadly

Re: Cooper Cartridge Company

Post by gds »

I would be contacting the company over that.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Baedarlboo
Silent Operator

Post by Baedarlboo »

gds wrote:I would be contacting the company over that.
I did...no reply as of yet.
oxj

Post by oxj »

I know that the blown primers are a big indicator. For my own education what else do you see in those pictures?
oxj

Post by oxj »

Also an interesting note... I bought couple of boxes of their plinking ammo as well. And they shipped it in Freedom Munitions bulk box. Do they make their own ammo or just repackage someone elses? I'm just wondering if that is even their ammo you are seeing...
Baedarlboo
Silent Operator

Post by Baedarlboo »

oxj wrote:I know that the blown primers are a big indicator. For my own education what else do you see in those pictures?
Lots of flat primers and also lots of head stamps marked by the bolt...all indicators of over pressure. I also tried to slip these cases in my reloading shell holder and it had a hard time sliding in. All of these indicate pretty bad over pressure.

oxj wrote:Also an interesting note... I bought couple of boxes of their plinking ammo as well. And they shipped it in Freedom Munitions bulk box. Do they make their own ammo or just repackage someone elses? I'm just wondering if that is even their ammo you are seeing...
Things may have changed since, but here is a youtube video of him talking about his ammo and his processes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV5qlZD-P4c
Baedarlboo
Silent Operator

Post by Baedarlboo »

Not sure if anyone really cares but figured I'd at least update this post.
Since this isn't just slight over pressure , I decided to take this to Bullseye (where I purchased the ammo) and let them know my findings. The AR armorer (Josh) said this could also be from bad head space and chamber size, but they did agree the brass didn't look good. At this point I contacted Cade @ AAC (props to AAC for the prompt responses and customer service) and he said bring it by any time(I live about 15mins away from AAC). I scheduled a time and date and brought the gun to him, right then and there he checked head space and chamber, fired 5 factory subs and 5 factory supers and all checked out. So I went back to Bullseye (with the spent factory brass) and showed them my findings. He took one of the boxes and said he would be contacting Cooper Cartidge. So there you have it...and I have yet to hear back from Cooper.
pvanwagner
Silent But Deadly

Post by pvanwagner »

Is this the same guy that used to load under the name Gunn Ammo?
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

I was unable to find a web page for them....just a Facebook page......
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

Baedarlboo
Silent Operator

Post by Baedarlboo »

pvanwagner wrote:Is this the same guy that used to load under the name Gunn Ammo?
Not sure but it seems both people has the first name Danny. I sent an email to the address that's printed on the box. [email protected]

Address printed on the box is:
1062 GA Hwy 216
Arlington, GA 39813

Last edited by Baedarlboo on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.