Aftermarket Honey Badger'ish Compact Stock

You can only post guns and ammo for sale or links to guns and ammo here, in the classified section, or in a dealer/manufacturer area.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

skippz

Aftermarket Honey Badger'ish Compact Stock

Post by skippz »

Hey guys I was digging around and found this:

http://soldiersystems.net/2013/01/11/no ... duces-css/

It looks like the same stock on the Badger. I wonder how it would work with 300blk? It uses a proprietary carrier, which has the buffer connected to it. Same bolt though.

Think it would work?
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Re: Aftermarket Honey Badger'ish Compact Stock

Post by VENT625 »

Thats what Im using on my build. Love it!!!
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

A bit different than the Honey Badger, but a cool compact stock still. I haven't shot mine yet, but it sure looks cool.

Don't forget to factor in the extra $46 bucks you'll have to ante up for Customs duty since it comes from Canada.
Overton-AR
Silent But Deadly

Post by Overton-AR »

Bought one.....installed it....took it off and SOLD IT.

Best looking stock for a compact build I have ever seen.......but uncomfortable is an understatement. :|
Tooreal

Post by Tooreal »

I ordered one of those stocks from NEA in Canada, it wasn't cheap especially after I had to give the UPS Guy a check for $46.00 to cover Import Fee's on Christmas Eve Day.
It turned out to be a Really Nice Addition to my Clone of the Honey Badger!! It's going to look Pretty Darn close to the Honey Badger, if I don't say so my self.

It shoots Great too, even with subsonics shooting suppressed it cycled Great the first time running 20 rounds thru it on a warm day. The next time we shot it, for some reason it wasn't wanting to cycle correctly & load another round? But it was 18• with a wind chill of probably -20 degrees outside. Could that effect the ammunition and cause it to Not cycle like it did on a 64 degree day?

I think it did? Am I mistaken?? [img][/img]
skippz

Post by skippz »

VENT625 wrote:Thats what Im using on my build. Love it!!!
What's your setup if you don't mind me asking? Does it function well? I'm building off of a spikes tac lower, awaiting SBR and suppressor stamps... Really wanna go with a noveske 8.2" upper... Anyway I didn't know how it would function with the buffer/carrier hybrid and that spring
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

skippz wrote:
VENT625 wrote:Thats what Im using on my build. Love it!!!
What's your setup if you don't mind me asking? Does it function well? I'm building off of a spikes tac lower, awaiting SBR and suppressor stamps... Really wanna go with a noveske 8.2" upper... Anyway I didn't know how it would function with the buffer/carrier hybrid and that spring

Its not complete yet, waiting on the upper still. But its a MAG Tactical lower and upper. I went with a 16" AR Stoner barrel, with a Nordic Componenets handguard and a Kinetitech barrel shroud. Was going to do the SBR thing, decided not to. I have no interest in supression, so no can. I post pics when its done.

Dochartaigh
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dochartaigh »

I couldn't find much about this....especially about the special carrier it needs. I assume you just put your bolt into the new bolt carrier and you're all set? Who makes the new/special bolt carrier?

I also have a feeling it's going to be touching, or extremely close, to my ambi bolt-release on my mega lower... would have to do some homework to see if it would even fit on my SBR'd lower.

Any other companies have options like these out there? (this is a completely new concept to me – don't know much about it).
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

Dochartaigh wrote:I couldn't find much about this....especially about the special carrier it needs. I assume you just put your bolt into the new bolt carrier and you're all set? Who makes the new/special bolt carrier?

I also have a feeling it's going to be touching, or extremely close, to my ambi bolt-release on my mega lower... would have to do some homework to see if it would even fit on my SBR'd lower.

Any other companies have options like these out there? (this is a completely new concept to me – don't know much about it).

Its comes with a special carrier, just needs the bolt, firing pin and the cam pin and retaining pin.

Suputin221
Silent But Deadly

Post by Suputin221 »

Tooreal wrote:I ordered one of those stocks from NEA in Canada, it wasn't cheap especially after I had to give the UPS Guy a check for $46.00 to cover Import Fee's on Christmas Eve Day.
It turned out to be a Really Nice Addition to my Clone of the Honey Badger!! It's going to look Pretty Darn close to the Honey Badger, if I don't say so my self.

It shoots Great too, even with subsonics shooting suppressed it cycled Great the first time running 20 rounds thru it on a warm day. The next time we shot it, for some reason it wasn't wanting to cycle correctly & load another round? But it was 18• with a wind chill of probably -20 degrees outside. Could that effect the ammunition and cause it to Not cycle like it did on a 64 degree day?

I think it did? Am I mistaken?? [img][/img]
Temp def affects ammo but more importantly it affects the oil you put inside your rifle. Cold makes the oil thicken which causes the bolt to drag.