Scope for a 300BLK

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

TTNWA

Scope for a 300BLK

Post by TTNWA »

I built up a 16" 300 BLK that I would like to take Hog hunting. I am looking at getting a scope, but if I get to go hunting once or twice, I will be lucky so I don't want to spend a lot of money on the glass. Does anyone have any thoughts on something under $150.00 that might work. I am looking at a scope that will have a magnification of 1-6 or 3-9 or somewhere in that range. I saw a Leapers and an NCR at Optics Planet that had fair reviews, but I was just wanting to get some input. Thanks.
TT

The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
KingIX
Silent But Deadly

Re: Scope for a 300BLK

Post by KingIX »

Primary arms sells there brand of scope in your
price range.. cant say i have used it but have played with the red dots they sell
and they hold up. Good customer service as well..

I honestly would try and bump up your spending limit
up to 200$... I say that as it would open up alot more options
with better quality
IdahoFireman
Silent But Deadly

Post by IdahoFireman »

I am pretty happy with my Redfield Revolution 2-7 with the accu-range reticle. SWFA has a package deal with one of the mounts for just under $200.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

IdahoFireman wrote:I am pretty happy with my Redfield Revolution 2-7 with the accu-range reticle. SWFA has a package deal with one of the mounts for just under $200.
this.

I have one on my AAC model 7 and really like the scope a lot.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
jc10311
Silent Operator

Post by jc10311 »

I have a Primary Arms 4-14X44 FFP on mine and absolutely love it. It's more than you want to spend -- $225. Vortex makes some great scopes, but stay away from the Crossfire for anything heavier that .22 LR IMHO. I had one on my 300 BLK and broke the reticle three times. Vortex replaced it no questions asked, but I'll never put the new one on a 300 again.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

Weaver makes a pretty good zombie scope for $175:

http://www.amazon.com/Weaver-849843-Tac ... mbie+scope
talonxracer
Silent But Deadly

Post by talonxracer »

I have the Leupold 1-4x20 hog scope on my 300blk and it is an awesome little scope for 199$ or so.
I took an Oath to preserve protect and defend the Constitution, I never took an oath to defend the Govt!!!
HeavyGunner

Post by HeavyGunner »

I personally used the Vortex Crossfire 2 on my 300 blackout and havent had any problems with it so for after a couple hundred rounds. Got it off ebay for under $130. My second budget scope is anything Redfield. Awesome scopes, I have one on a slug gun and have never had a single issue with it.
jc10311
Silent Operator

Post by jc10311 »

HeavyGunner wrote:I personally used the Vortex Crossfire 2 on my 300 blackout and havent had any problems with it so for after a couple hundred rounds. Got it off ebay for under $130. My second budget scope is anything Redfield. Awesome scopes, I have one on a slug gun and have never had a single issue with it.
I wish you continued good luck with the Crossfire II. Here's what mine looked like after a few hundred rounds:

This happened on two replacements as well. Don't get me wrong, I highly recommend Vortex products, and their CS is stellar. I've just had bad luck with the Crossfilre line.
randyrucker
Silent But Deadly

Post by randyrucker »

jc10311 wrote:
HeavyGunner wrote:I personally used the Vortex Crossfire 2 on my 300 blackout and havent had any problems with it so for after a couple hundred rounds. Got it off ebay for under $130. My second budget scope is anything Redfield. Awesome scopes, I have one on a slug gun and have never had a single issue with it.
I wish you continued good luck with the Crossfire II. Here's what mine looked like after a few hundred rounds:

This happened on two replacements as well. Don't get me wrong, I highly recommend Vortex products, and their CS is stellar. I've just had bad luck with the Crossfilre line.

It works ok as long as you shoot with your eyes closed.. :mrgreen: