Gas Buster Charging Handle BCM Gunfighter or PRI ?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

RickR22
Silent Operator

Gas Buster Charging Handle BCM Gunfighter or PRI ?

Post by RickR22 »

Hey guys, has anybody had good results with either the BCM Gunfighter or the PRI- gas buster charging handles when using a suppressor or SBR?
Dr.Phil
Silent But Deadly

Re: Gas Buster Charging Handle BCM Gunfighter or PRI ?

Post by Dr.Phil »

PRI Gas Buster is worth every penny!

I never would have dropped that much money on a CH until I won one at a match and realized how incredible they are.
After that, I eventually replaced the changing handles on all my AR uppers with the PRI product.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,
don't tell them where they know the fish."
--Mark Twain
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

The new BCM with the raised portion at the rear does a damn good job. Combine that with a gas vent that replaces the FA and you will completely eliminate gas face. Is this on a 300 BLK gun or for 5.56? I have had zero gas face issues with any load on my 300 BLK, but the 5.56 got the BCM CH and Gas Vent and it is awesome to shoot now.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
RickR22
Silent Operator

Post by RickR22 »

I am using this on a 300 Blackout.

rjacobs wrote:The new BCM with the raised portion at the rear does a damn good job. Combine that with a gas vent that replaces the FA and you will completely eliminate gas face. Is this on a 300 BLK gun or for 5.56? I have had zero gas face issues with any load on my 300 BLK, but the 5.56 got the BCM CH and Gas Vent and it is awesome to shoot now.
rjacobs
Silent But Deadly

Post by rjacobs »

my 300 is running just as it came from AAC and I havent had any issues with gas face running subs or supers through my 762SDN-6, but admittedly I dont run supers through it, well almost never. I think I put 50 through it compared to close to 1000 subs.

With that said the BCM Gunfighter(the new one with the raised area), a lot of people have said it works just as well as the PRI gas buster at half the cost. If you dont use your forward assist(most people dont) grab a Gas Vent and install it. I have mine and have setup a few other guys with the same setup and they love it.
300BLKOut Brass
[email protected]
www.300blkoutbrass.com
Unobtanium
Silent But Deadly

Post by Unobtanium »

I run a gunfighter on my 10.5" and my 16". I have not shot the 16" suppressed yet, but on the 10.5", I can do a mag-dump without gassing myself out.
bani
Silent But Deadly

Post by bani »

neither.

get an AR gas vent.

10,000x more effective than a charging handle vent.

http://www.weaponoutfitters.com/ar-gas- ... -2381.html
Unobtanium
Silent But Deadly

Post by Unobtanium »

Is 300BLK really that bad? I have not needed any of this stuff shooting a 10.5" 5.56 with a Surefire on it. What cans are you running (backpressure is a huge part of this)?
m3s90

Post by m3s90 »

This is what I did, works great

da bugman
Silent But Deadly

Post by da bugman »

I have a national match upper. No forward assist or deflector to crush case mouths. I was thinking of drilling a couple gas vents pointing down on the port-side of the receiver. Any thoughts? Any body try this.

JD