Any updates on Remington 300blk Ammo Production?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

harrishmasher
Silent But Deadly

Any updates on Remington 300blk Ammo Production?

Post by harrishmasher »

I suspect that the many of us that don't have the time or space to reload (like over 90% of us) are growing tired and frustrated with our 300blk paperweights.

Anyone have an update on Remington UMC 115gr and Express 220gr production? I have been searching for months and months for this ammo to no avail except for $2 per round on Gunbroker. I search daily online and have signed up for email notifications with all the major online ammo sources. I haven't heard a peep for months, even before the hoarding/crisis started. Am I the only one frustrated by the lack of product support from Remington?
TnRiverRatt

Re: Any updates on Remington 300blk Ammo Production?

Post by TnRiverRatt »

I feel your pain. I have been looking also. Fortunately I am well stocked for reloading. Wish you luck in your search.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

harrishmasher wrote:I suspect that the many of us that don't have the time or space to reload (like over 90% of us) are growing tired and frustrated with our 300blk paperweights.

Anyone have an update on Remington UMC 115gr and Express 220gr production? I have been searching for months and months for this ammo to no avail except for $2 per round on Gunbroker. I search daily online and have signed up for email notifications with all the major online ammo sources. I haven't heard a peep for months, even before the hoarding/crisis started. Am I the only one frustrated by the lack of product support from Remington?
Not sure when you consider before "the hoarding/crisis started" but I was a little short on factory ammo because I only bought a few cases of UMC the last part of November early December, when it was readily available. Since I do not shoot much in the winter thought I would stock up this winter. OOPS, my bad, NOT Remington's.

I have been able to acquire a fair amount by stepping away from the computer from time to time and being an active participant by visiting actual store fronts of folks who do not sell online.

That being said, I had my Psychic contact Remington's fortuneteller. The prediction was that 300 AAC Blackout, would become readily available 3-4 months after the less popular calibers like 22LR, 9MM, 45acp are gathering dust in the warehouses. Or when hell froze over. The good news is that I woke up to 6 inches of fresh snow on Sunday and the temperature has been setting record low marks for the dates everyday since. This may be a clear sign that Hell, is indeed in the process of freezing.
So have hope, unless Global warming intervenes, things should be back to normal by the end of the summer, based on the Psychic's interpretations of the fortuneteller. (WARNING: Unsolicited free advice or predictions given by unqualified Aholes should never be considered accurate or useful)

My thoughts would be you have about three choices:

1. get a barrel in a caliber you can find ammo for.

2. get physically involved by
A. searching in person at greater distances where you compete with 100's of other buyers not 100k's of online buyers. This way you establish your own private network of helpers.
B. Learning to reload so you can bitch about not being able to find components. (see solution 2A)

3. Sit back, relax, play on the computer and enjoy your paper weight.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

I am not sure when the ammo shortage will be over, but I do know it will be over. There is plenty of govt and commercial interest in 300 BLK.
harrishmasher
Silent But Deadly

Post by harrishmasher »

dellet wrote:
harrishmasher wrote:I suspect that the many of us that don't have the time or space to reload (like over 90% of us) are growing tired and frustrated with our 300blk paperweights.

Not sure when you consider before "the hoarding/crisis started" but I was a little short on factory ammo because I only bought a few cases of UMC the last part of November early December, when it was readily available. Since I do not shoot much in the winter thought I would stock up this winter. OOPS, my bad, NOT Remington's.

I have been able to acquire a fair amount by stepping away from the computer from time to time and being an active participant by visiting actual store fronts of folks who do not sell online.

That being said, I had my Psychic contact Remington's fortuneteller. The prediction was that 300 AAC Blackout, would become readily available 3-4 months after the less popular calibers like 22LR, 9MM, 45acp are gathering dust in the warehouses. Or when hell froze over. The good news is that I woke up to 6 inches of fresh snow on Sunday and the temperature has been setting record low marks for the dates everyday since. This may be a clear sign that Hell, is indeed in the process of freezing.
So have hope, unless Global warming intervenes, things should be back to normal by the end of the summer, based on the Psychic's interpretations of the fortuneteller. (WARNING: Unsolicited free advice or predictions given by unqualified Aholes should never be considered accurate or useful)

My thoughts would be you have about three choices:

1. get a barrel in a caliber you can find ammo for.

2. get physically involved by
A. searching in person at greater distances where you compete with 100's of other buyers not 100k's of online buyers. This way you establish your own private network of helpers.
B. Learning to reload so you can bitch about not being able to find components. (see solution 2A)

3. Sit back, relax, play on the computer and enjoy your paper weight.
I enjoyed your post :lol:

I have however, been to every local gun store within 50 miles over the last bunch of weeks. Well over a dozen. I found 2 stores that had 300blk ammo. One had 7 boxes of UMC and I paid $25 per box. That has been shot. The other had a case of UMC and 125gr Match. They wanted $39.95 per box regardless of whether it was UMC or Match. I quickly left. I won't pay $2 per round for UMC and I'm not looking for Match right now. All of the other stores laughed when i asked if they had any 300blk ammo.

I have no problem getting .223/5.56 all day long online for $0.50 or less per round. Natchez even had Tula .223 yesterday for $0.24 per round. But I won't shoot that in my LWRCs.

Though I don't shoot it, you can even find lots of 6.8SPC around. Even at WalMart lately (Federal Fusion). But zero 300blk anywhere.

This shortage seems to have effected 300blk and 5.7 the hardest. There is just none available at all anywhere. That's why I don't understand Remington. They with their partner AAC have developed this hot new cartridge, and they are just not supporting it at all. They did a run of Match 125gr last month, but don't seem to have done a run of 220gr subs and 115gr UMC for months. They just let supply dry up. And those are the two rounds 300blk people want the most. I just don't get it?
bani
Silent But Deadly

Post by bani »

just give in and learn to reload. you don't need much space or time. if you have space for a chair in your house, you have space for a press.

or remain frustrated and your rifle remain idle.

i know your situation sucks, but reloading really is worth it.
hunter2
Silent But Deadly

Post by hunter2 »

Hopefully with the Bill being defeated things will ease up. Even with that I believe it will take over a year before the stores will be restocked. Things would have to get real desperate for me to buy the elevated prices at CTD. $65 FOR A BOX OF 45!!!!!!!
Waveman
Silent Operator

Post by Waveman »

hunter2 wrote:Hopefully with the Bill being defeated things will ease up. Even with that I believe it will take over a year before the stores will be restocked. Things would have to get real desperate for me to buy the elevated prices at CTD. $65 FOR A BOX OF 45!!!!!!!
I agree completely.
harrishmasher
Silent But Deadly

Post by harrishmasher »

bani wrote:just give in and learn to reload. you don't need much space or time. if you have space for a chair in your house, you have space for a press.

or remain frustrated and your rifle remain idle.

i know your situation sucks, but reloading really is worth it.
Components aren't any easier to find!!! And that is just not the solution, over 90% of shooters DON'T reload. They just want to buy pre-packaged ammo. Is that such a crazy expectation?
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

It is true that only about 10% of shooters reload, and that factory ammo is needed. I think this gun vote will ease the pressure. Remington just shipped another run of 220 subsonic. I am not sure where it went.