Is it time to start boycotting some sites/shops?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

RascalT

Is it time to start boycotting some sites/shops?

Post by RascalT »

I don't want to sound like a libtard, but is it about time to start boycotting shops and sites that are obviously price gouging ammunition? Im talking specifically about Able Ammo charging 3.75 PER round for 300 BLK ammo...I can understand the whole idea of supply and demand, but I would think that marking up a little bit (up to $2/rd?) would be enuff...but $3.75/rd??? I know I will never ever buy a single thing from Able Ammo or any other site I find that is blatantly price gouging...just my two cents...
RascalT

Re: Is it time to start boycotting some sites/shops?

Post by RascalT »

LOL they just changed their price from 3.75/rd to 3.30/rd....literally within 10 mins of my posting ;)
wass
Silent Operator

Post by wass »

They're on my ignore list!
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

First off I do not know the company you are speaking of but I will say this:

The problem you have is understand that there is no such thing as price gouging. They are selling things to make a profit, if someone is willing to shell out $10 per round than that is what they will sell it for, if they advertise it for $5 a round and no one buys it then they will have to lower it until the price reaches a point where people will buy it.

If people will stop buying things at these higher prices than the price will go down. Granted I understand why people are panicking. I thankfully already have my stash. However I have only bought one gun during all this panic, and I did not pay the outrageous price some people were asking.

So basically either we boycott everything until prices reach a point we are willing to buy or we buy at current panic prices.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
RascalT

Post by RascalT »

I mentioned "supply and demand" which summarizes in 3 words what you mentioned...and there is such a thing as "price gouging" its when you take a limited supply of something and exagerate the price regardless of demand to take advantage of some outside influence affecting the availability. And I am not saying that they do not have the right to do whatever they want...its their business...but what they also need to know, is that when this whole "craziness" is done, the repercussions of their actions will be loss of business...
two more cents... :mrgreen:
6camaro9
Silent Operator

Post by 6camaro9 »

I agree with the boycotting just need a list of companies not to buy from.

Thanks
weaponeer1911

Post by weaponeer1911 »

RascalT wrote:I don't want to sound like a libtard, but is it about time to start boycotting shops and sites that are obviously price gouging ammunition? Im talking specifically about Able Ammo charging 3.75 PER round for 300 BLK ammo...I can understand the whole idea of supply and demand, but I would think that marking up a little bit (up to $2/rd?) would be enuff...but $3.75/rd??? I know I will never ever buy a single thing from Able Ammo or any other site I find that is blatantly price gouging...just my two cents...
It's supply and demand. You can either buy it, or not buy it. You can boycott, or not. Or don't buy from them in the future. It's entirely up to you.

Me, I believe in the free market. If someone is willing to pay Able Ammo more for 300 BLK ammo than I am, they should sell it to the highest bidder. If I wanted it more, I would pay more. And no, I won't hold it against them in the future. Business is business.

And yes, you sound like a libtard. Sorry, but that's the way they think. It's not personal, it's just business.
Lead_Whisperer

Post by Lead_Whisperer »

I can hardly see a reason to boycott. If you don't like it shop elsewhere. They have a business to run and bills to pay. If they cant get inventory, should they sell cheap and just sit on their hands all day? The Free Market is because of supply and demand. Demand is high, supply is low = high prices. If you don't want to be held hostage to that, learn to reload and save some $$$. Even component prices have gone up but, if you want it you pay the price. If you don't want to pay the price, go elsewhere or wait (and hope) that prices go down.
Silent Capture

AAC Handi
1:8 w/ Bowers Can
shootertom
Silent But Deadly

Post by shootertom »

The best thing we can hope for is that the demand will drop significantly and will help to reduce prices.
GSO
Silent But Deadly

Post by GSO »

Lead_Whisperer wrote:I can hardly see a reason to boycott. If you don't like it shop elsewhere. They have a business to run and bills to pay. If they cant get inventory, should they sell cheap and just sit on their hands all day? The Free Market is because of supply and demand. Demand is high, supply is low = high prices. If you don't want to be held hostage to that, learn to reload and save some $$$. Even component prices have gone up but, if you want it you pay the price. If you don't want to pay the price, go elsewhere or wait (and hope) that prices go down.
I think I'm going with the middle ground here. I support the free market and that companies have the right to charge whatever they want. On the other hand, I have a right to be an educated consumer and to inform others of my observations. I do believe companies have a right to make a reasonable profit...however, there comes a point (in my opinion) when profit is no longer reasonable and takes advantage of a desperate situation. I say this as both a consumer and an FFL holder. Some of my distributors have jacked prices up unreasonably on some items. Since I'm a small dealer, many won't allocate scarce products and give it all to the much bigger stores, so the price is moot if they won't sell it to me. I've noted which ones have business practices that I don't like and will take my business elsewhere. The same is true for my personal purchases at retail businesses and on-line.

Will I never do business again with those businesses (wholesale and retail) that is think have crossed the line? I won't say never, but, in the future, when given a choice between one that held the line (Midway, Brownells, etc) and those that took advantage (Able Ammo, AmmoToGo, etc), I will do business with the companies whose business practices are more in line with my own. In the meantime, I refuse to add fuel to the fire by paying stupid prices either wholesale or retail.

Example of stupid: AmmoToGo...$19.95 for 100 rounds of Remington .22LR....4 or 5 times what it cost six months ago...and enough knuckleheads were willing to pay that price and it sold out within a few hours...my response..."Really???"
I don't collect firearms; they just accumulate...

"Be Prepared" - My motto from an early age.

Greg