Woo Hoo!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

45r
Silent But Deadly

Re: Woo Hoo!

Post by 45r »

1000 fps does seem to be optimal for sub loads.I'm going to use the chrono a lot for testing handloads.I really like my boltgun.No problems at all with it.Feeds and ejects fine.No misfire problems.Chamber is tight.Fired brass needs minimum sizing.It could probably shoot condum bullets into a bug hole.
Retooferab
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Retooferab »

Here's is five shots out of my 10.5" ar15. I shot these five shots at 100 yards in under 30 seconds for the five shot string using N110 and 208 Amax.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
NordicG3K
Silent But Deadly

Post by NordicG3K »

Looking good!
Taylormade

Post by Taylormade »

NordicG3K wrote:
longranger wrote:No barrel break in ? just shoot 25 rds. and that helps with future accuracy ? I pay pretty good chunks of change for my rifles and handguns and have always adhered to good barrel break in procedures to get the best accuracy potential.I miss something ?
Well I suppose it's just because you're a much better person than me, with vastly superior experience and shooting skills. Personally, I've found that going through a lengthy and meticulous break in process does very little (if anything) to enhance accuracy. Additionally, I have serious doubts if I'll every shoot this gun beyond 200 yards as the terrain just doesn't allow for it. So, while I certainly appreciate your condescending and holier-than-though opinions, I hope you don't mind if I tell you to shove it up your ass.
I agree barrel break in is a myth. Love your response as well. I'm waiting for my 700 sps in the mail as of today. Yes I overpaid on gunbroker $780 for rifle $30 shipping 3.5% extra charge for using my visa,
So,gun was like $80. Still have a $25 transfer fee to pay. That was dumb
NordicG3K
Silent But Deadly

Post by NordicG3K »

Don't beat yourself up too much. While I certainly don't want to pay anymore than I need to, I have to admit that I've fallen into the 'instant gratification' trap more than once when it comes to guns.

I've decided to try out my Falcon 1.5-5x on it. I'm still looking at the Vortex 2-10x, but I've already got the Falcon so thought I'd give it a try. Just waiting on rings. I also want to start chronographing some loads, but I wish it was a little warmer. Testing loads during the winter in the 30s and 40s that I'm going to use in the summer when it's over 90 doesn't always work out too well.