best scope

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jackson
Silent Operator

best scope

Post by jackson »

wanting something for 25 to maybe around 125 yards.ammo used will be 125 gr,accu-tip and 220 sub,s.i was looking at eotech and aimpoint but not sure this will work.any suggestion,s would be great.
BobinNC
Silent But Deadly

Re: best scope

Post by BobinNC »

For use on my 300 BLK, I find that SWFA's Super Sniper 1-4x24 scope is the most versatile. With both a Mil based turret and Mil based reticle, I can establish two zero's, one for supersonics and one for subs, and then just dial my preference for whatever load I'm using.

In addition, on 1x this scope works just like an RDS, point and shoot. Mine has the Circle Donut reticle and exposed turrets.

Linky: http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-1-4x24-Tactical ... 48362.aspx
jackson
Silent Operator

Post by jackson »

that is one scope that i was thinking of.i was wanting two zeros. i also was thinking of a eotech and a mount that would let me co-witness with my iron sights.any thoughts about doing this,i think i would have the eotech for one zero and the iron for longer distance.thanks
WhoDatRR
Silent But Deadly

Post by WhoDatRR »

The Burris Tac-30 & MTAC-30 are pretty good. You can pick a TAC-30 up for ~$300. Great glass, for the money. Outstanding true 1x performance. Solid 4x performance. A red dot-like reticule. And not too heavy or bulky...

Only problem I had with it was a bit of washout, in very low light situations. In other words, I wish the reticule got a tad dimmer. But really, it's still useable in a very low light 4x situation.
---------------
I bet your NFL team could beat my NFL team...
Desert scrub
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Desert scrub »

I would either just get a quality Red dot of some sort with a preference on Aimpoint, or a 1-4x scope that can serve as both red dot and magnified scope. To me a 1-4x with good performance is much more useful, but I use my rifles for hunting and need magnification at times.

I really like the 1-4x Leatherwood CMR I just picked up. I'm using it on my 308 until Elk season is over, and then I plan on trying it on my 300blk to see how it does there.
As far as quality goes it is really well put together. Solid clicks. Zero Stop. The Glass clarity is excellent. I'd put it up against a lot of it's much higher priced competitors any day. It truly surprised me how clear it is. It's also fairly light weight.
11 brightness settings + a Night vision setting for the illumination (If it going to 11 isn't an instant sale for you there's something deeply wrong with you. It goes all the way to 11 man). The illuminated reticle is only meant for low light/no light. In full sunlight it isn't visible, but the black reticle is really easy to pick up in daylight. I actually am starting to really like not having the red glow on my targets out in the desert. The way the reticle works really does draw your eye to the center quickly. One thing I really like, is it doesn't light up the inside of the tube in weird areas like some other illuminated scopes and red dots do, especially the cheaper ones. It doesn't have a bloom problem at all.
It works great in place of a Red dot on 1x. It has a 3in eye relief so it's not hard to quickly get behind it and get shots off. It isn't as fast as an Aimpoint or Trijicon where you can see the dot from way off center angles and be on target, but it isn't a hard thing to get behind it quickly and not have eye relief issues.

SWFA has it for $317. They also have a combo deal with a Burris PEPR mount for I think $329.
You can get it with either a Red or a Green illumination, but not both. I mounted mine on an American Defense QD mount because it was light weight and their QD system is awesome.

You could very easily set your preferred supersonic zero, and then just figure out the clicks needed for the subsonic loads. It would be really fast and easy to return it to the supersonic Zero again with the scope having a Zero stop on it.
rockrivershooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by rockrivershooter »

Any of the two dot reticals will work. XPS2-2, XPS3-2, EXPS2-2 and the EXPS3-2.