Noveske's new 16" barrel and pistol lenth gas system.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bearman
Silent Operator

Noveske's new 16" barrel and pistol lenth gas system.

Post by bearman »

Todd why did you go with a 16" barrel and pistol lenth gas system? I have a 16" 1/8 twist Noveske upper and it is super accurate. When shooting subs threw a suppressor in the new 16" 1/7 barrel will I use the same powders or will I have to load it with 300 Whisper reloads. Will the same sub loads work with the new and older 300 aac blackout barrels? Will the pistol gas system be loader with sub loads wile being suppressed. I am going to by another 300 blk barrel and I am confused why Noveske went with the 16" pistol gas system.
-k-
Industry Professional

Re: Noveske's new 16" barrel and pistol lenth gas system.

Post by -k- »

bearman wrote: When shooting subs threw a suppressor in the new 16" 1/7 barrel will I use the same powders or will I have to load it with 300 Whisper reloads. Will the same sub loads work with the new and older 300 aac blackout barrels?
It is designed for the same factory subsonic ammo as the carbine gas barrels.
bearman wrote:Will the pistol gas system be loader with sub loads wile being suppressed.
Not that I can tell. Because it's designed to run subs without a silencer and the gas system is shorter you may be able to run some faster powders that some believe are quieter. Use 300 BLK loads if you need reliability.
bearman wrote:I am going to by another 300 blk barrel and I am confused why Noveske went with the 16" pistol gas system.
Less change in cyclic rate from subsonic unsuppressed to supersonic suppressed, and better subsonic function without a silencer.
Todd