Got my new rifle!

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jcbrock

Got my new rifle!

Post by jcbrock »

Got my CMMG 300 Revo. Great gun. Love the Revolution handguard, small enough to build up any way you see fit.

Anyone have any suggestions on getting it to shoot sub and supersonic rounds?
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Re: Got my new rifle!

Post by nolwark76 »

Couldn't resist. Load up some magazines. Some with supers and some with subs. Aim in safe direction and blast away! Are you asking for suggestions because it won't shoot?

Let's see some pics!
jcbrock

Post by jcbrock »

I will post some pics this weekend. It is a beautiful weapon, in my eyes.

The gun shoots supersonics perfectly. However with subsonics, it will fire, eject the empty case, but fails to load a new round. I had suspected this to be an issue with the carbine length gas system and was wondering if anyone had solved it. I have considered putting in a lighter buffer and/or spring, but then I don't want to knock my shoulder out of joint when I shoot supersonics. I have thought about a new NiB bolt to see if that would lessen the friction just that little bit needed to get the subs to fully cycle.

Any suggestions?
jcbrock

Post by jcbrock »

Sorry, I see that this has been covered in depth already. Duh, should have used Search.
mdawson

Post by mdawson »

You either have really bad or small shoulders or have the 300Blk confused with 300winmag. You couldn't hurt your shoulder with the Blk.
nolwark76
Silent But Deadly

Post by nolwark76 »

Maybe you're on to something! I'd like to see a 300 WM in an AR platform. Think of it for CQB! If you missed the concussion and noise would make the bad guy crap. It would probably need a laser, eotech, and a surefire light but it would be cool.

Sorry, just went somewhere for a moment. The comment about confusing the 300 BLK for a 300 WM reminded me of a guy who asked about using a .338 LM for CQB. That way he would only have to have one "bullet" for his "sniper rifle" too.

Jcbrock, you will have no problems shooting supersonic bullets. You may want to start off not shooting NTCH like a .223 but once you get used to a little more push, NTCH is no problem.
jcbrock

Post by jcbrock »

Wow, I had no idea this forum was so literal. I apologize, mdawson, for exaggerating my concern about my shoulder. What I was trying to say is that I do not want to soften the operation of the rifle to the point that moving back to full powered rounds would possibly damage something.