what scope/red dot for my 300 BLK build

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Ayres330

Re: what scope/red dot for my 300 BLK build

Post by Ayres330 »

I have a Aimpoint PRO on DD 300 and love it I've had a few red dot optics and this is by far the best I've seen or owned. And at $400 you can't beat it. My .02
Eugene Stoner was a genius
6camaro9
Silent Operator

Post by 6camaro9 »

ok... i've decided to bite the bullet so to speak and get me an Aimpoint H-1.
i know it's a lot more than what i wanted to spend but i probably wouldn't of
been happy with something less. anyway, who has the best deal on them?

thanks,
thomas...
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

Primary Arms makes pretty decent, inexpensive red dot sights. I have two and was surprised how much I liked them.
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
6camaro9
Silent Operator

Post by 6camaro9 »

Ayres330 wrote:I have a Aimpoint PRO on DD 300 and love it I've had a few red dot optics and this is by far the best I've seen or owned. And at $400 you can't beat it. My .02
I hope your right about the PRO cause i've changed my mind again, i was going to get the H-1 but i'd figure i would save that one for the SBR i'm going to build at the end of the year. So with a coupon ($30 off) i found online i order the PRO.

thanks...
6camaro9
Silent Operator

Post by 6camaro9 »

Ok people I got my Aimpoint PRO. Now I have a question on placement. What is the general concensus on where to mount it. Closer to the eye? Farther away from the eye where the front of the mount evenly lines up with end of the upper receiver? It's probably a matter of personal preference but I thought I ask where you all placed yours.

Thanks,
Thomas
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Post by Whole Bunches »

6camaro9 wrote:Ok people I got my Aimpoint PRO. Now I have a question on placement. What is the general concensus on where to mount it. Closer to the eye? Farther away from the eye where the front of the mount evenly lines up with end of the upper receiver? It's probably a matter of personal preference but I thought I ask where you all placed yours.

Thanks,
Thomas
I have mine "where the front of the mount evenly lines up with end of the upper receiver". That leaves room for my night vision behind it. No problems with shooting it without NV mounted.
6camaro9
Silent Operator

Post by 6camaro9 »

Whole Bunches wrote:
6camaro9 wrote:Ok people I got my Aimpoint PRO. Now I have a question on placement. What is the general concensus on where to mount it. Closer to the eye? Farther away from the eye where the front of the mount evenly lines up with end of the upper receiver? It's probably a matter of personal preference but I thought I ask where you all placed yours.

Thanks,
Thomas
I have mine "where the front of the mount evenly lines up with end of the upper receiver". That leaves room for my night vision behind it. No problems with shooting it without NV mounted.
Thanks WB that's where I ended up mounting mine.
Maryland_Shooter
Silent But Deadly

Post by Maryland_Shooter »

Thanks,
Thomas
Wherever it's comfortable and works well . . .
When I go to bed a law abiding citizen and wake a felon, by the stroke of the legislative pen, tyranny has arrived.

Post complete and accurate info when inquiring about loads, or be ignored.
L3IRQ

Post by L3IRQ »

Aimpoint and Eotech are hard to beat from 0-300 imho.
6camaro9
Silent Operator

Post by 6camaro9 »

I decided to change my optics again, for my 16" BO I had the Aimpoint pro but that I wanted some magnification so I got the Vortex PST 1-4x24mm. Will put the Pro on the SBR when the stamp gets approved.