good quad rail?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

good quad rail?

Post by Sdustin »

Im going to build a 9.5" blk and want to put a railed hanguard im looks to pay <200 and want uninterrupted top rail and lightweight, suggestions?
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
BC98
Senior Silent Operator

Re: good quad rail?

Post by BC98 »

7", 7.6", or 9" Troy TRX Extreme (or the VTAC equivalent). Not necessarily a quad rail but lightweight and meets your cost requirement. If you get the Alpha versions, it installs on a standard barrel nut.

Edit: Centurion Arms also has a 7" quad rail that is CLOSE to your budget. Their 9" version is around $250, though. Lightweight (from reviews I've read) and also installs on a stock barrel nut.
Sdustin
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sdustin »

Well it's build from scratch so it would script be better if it came with a barrel nut, I really want a quad since I really like the look of the magpul covers with the hand stop. It's going on a 9.5" "pistol" til I get my form 1
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns
Bluewidowr1

Post by Bluewidowr1 »

At that price point I quite like the Midwest Industries T series rails I have 2 on my guns one 15 inch and one 9 inch. I also like their SS series and am considering one for an upcoming build.
JUSTIN3825

Post by JUSTIN3825 »

for a light weight, rail, I used the Rainier Arms Evolution Free Float System - 7.0" on my 8" pistol for now build. need to buy a standard barrel nut, 8$.. but It is very light, and I like the grip a lot.. YMMV.
este
Senior Silent Operator

Post by este »

I'm going through this right now. I keep coming back to the KAC URX III rial, but their stupid ass barrel. Requires a "special" tool that cost almost as much as the rail. I can't believe how dumb that is.
JasonM
Silent But Deadly

Post by JasonM »

este wrote:I'm going through this right now. I keep coming back to the KAC URX III rial, but their stupid ass barrel. Requires a "special" tool that cost almost as much as the rail. I can't believe how dumb that is.
It's not all that dumb if you are KAC. :)

I agree though, and the other problem is that there is no built-in anti-rotation system, so you need it installed right/by a good smith.
Graphic design and branding: https://www.facebook.com/VisualGravy

Some clients include AAC, Rem Defense, Daniel Defense, MilTimes, TrackingPoint, Ambush, Noveske, Unity, Rem, Bushmaster, NRA, etc.
este
Senior Silent Operator

Post by este »

JasonM wrote:
este wrote:I'm going through this right now. I keep coming back to the KAC URX III rial, but their stupid ass barrel. Requires a "special" tool that cost almost as much as the rail. I can't believe how dumb that is.
It's not all that dumb if you are KAC. :)

I agree though, and the other problem is that there is no built-in anti-rotation system, so you need it installed right/by a good smith.
I'm still down for a AAC 9" upper when the 1-7s start shipping, but honestly it makes me hesitant to buy it with the URXIII rail on it knowing that I can't remove or work on it. I don't ever expect to need to, but still, it's a flaw imo.

Probably great for AAC though, they know no one will be fucking around with the setup then warrantying it.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

Bluewidowr1 wrote:At that price point I quite like the Midwest Industries T series rails I have 2 on my guns one 15 inch and one 9 inch. I also like their SS series and am considering one for an upcoming build.
I picked up one of their first generation free float handguards at a gun show for just $50.00. I'm very happy with it but it does seem to be a bit on the heavy side. I see that they are now discontinued and on sale. I think I'll pick up a few for the sale price. . .
BigDinTexas
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BigDinTexas »

este wrote:I'm still down for a AAC 9" upper when the 1-7s start shipping, but honestly it makes me hesitant to buy it with the URXIII rail on it knowing that I can't remove or work on it. I don't ever expect to need to, but still, it's a flaw imo.

Probably great for AAC though, they know no one will be fucking around with the setup then warrantying it.
The 1/7 twist are already shipping... My 16" upper came in the 1/7 twist.

Don
"Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff..." -author unknown