New NSR Rail

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jaredr
Silent Operator

Re: New NSR Rail

Post by jaredr »

-k- wrote:You haven't seen half of it yet...

User installed heat shield
Panels that attach directly
Panel section with handstop
Rails that will install without fighting backing plates
can you share any photos of the handstop? thx, jared
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

Todd
jaredr
Silent Operator

Post by jaredr »

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!

outstanding. I've been looking for a very low-profile handstop and thinking I'd have to ultimately fabricate something (i.e. pay my machinist to fabricate something). can you advise any details on pricing/release date?
BC98
Senior Silent Operator

Post by BC98 »

Todd,

Do you have any information on weights of the various lengths that can be released yet?

Concept looks great.
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

I don't have any pricing or times yet. The handguard will start production shortly, I expect the plastic will take a bit longer.

The pre-production 11" handguard is 10oz.
Todd
jaredr
Silent Operator

Post by jaredr »

-k- wrote:I don't have any pricing or times yet.
i think if you can compete with pricing on troy trx extreme products, you'll never be able to make them fast enough...
CoheedKillgannon
Silent But Deadly

Post by CoheedKillgannon »

Todd,

Will this rail attach to a standard barrel nut?
Last edited by CoheedKillgannon on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-k-
Industry Professional

Post by -k- »

No, the GI barrel nut is too short and does not support the handguard enough in our opinion.
Todd
Stickman
Silent But Deadly

Post by Stickman »

jaredr wrote:
-k- wrote:I don't have any pricing or times yet.
i think if you can compete with pricing on troy trx extreme products, you'll never be able to make them fast enough...
The NSR is a substantially better rail, they would lose money and be stupid to try to compete in price against a lesser product.
Stick

I've done work photography work with 45 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my images have been used for catalogs, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I now also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus will stay with weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. Have something new? Let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stickgunner
jaredr
Silent Operator

Post by jaredr »

Stickman wrote:The NSR is a substantially better rail, they would lose money and be stupid to try to compete in price against a lesser product.
I am glad to hear you feel it's a substantial improvement over the trx extreme, i look forward to seeing one in person.

competitive means, to me, just that - not necessarily less expensive but priced at a point that still represents good value for its cost compared to other products in its space. for example, my cost for the 11" trx extreme is $140. if the 11" nsr comes out and is in the $185 - $200 range, i would consider that competitive given the benefits which have been advertised in this thread. if it's (for argument's sake) priced @ $300, then to me it's no longer competitive as I would likely be unwilling to pay twice my current cost to replace a product (the trx extreme) that i have (so far) been very satisfied with.

everyone's got their own wallet and their tolerance(s) for cost, and my opinions represent a sample size of only one.