My remington model 7

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

300Blk
Site Admin

Re: My remington model 7

Post by 300Blk »

It is too hard to predict. Several months at least.
I8asquirrel
Senior Silent Operator

Post by I8asquirrel »

Very nice!!!
curious sam
Silent But Deadly

Post by curious sam »

silencertalk wrote:It is too hard to predict. Several months at least.
Smart answer. Now, where is my 9" upper? :D
Alangaq
Silent Operator

Post by Alangaq »

nice looking setup! Aaron is in the process if building a similar Model 7 for me and I hope to recieve it in a couple weeks. Sadly I am still waiting on my CLEO interview before I can submit my paperwork to the ATF for my Liberty Freedom can... so I am looking optamisticaly at some late September suppressed varmint hunting... maybe...

What scope do you have mounted? I am still trying to decide on optics, and although the majority of folks seem to be leaning towards < 4X power, I am still inclined to look for something in the 3X9 range as my intended targets are smallish critters such as ptarmagin, grouse, yotes and the like. Range is likely to be under 150 yds, but it would be nice to be able to zoom in for head shots on the birds..
"Those gun control activists advocating exchanging a liberty for safety should recall that the safest place on earth is solitary confinement at Leavenworth."
- Rand T. Lennox
dcsmith1

Post by dcsmith1 »

Alangaq wrote:nice looking setup! Aaron is in the process if building a similar Model 7 for me and I hope to recieve it in a couple weeks. Sadly I am still waiting on my CLEO interview before I can submit my paperwork to the ATF for my Liberty Freedom can... so I am looking optamisticaly at some late September suppressed varmint hunting... maybe...

What scope do you have mounted? I am still trying to decide on optics, and although the majority of folks seem to be leaning towards < 4X power, I am still inclined to look for something in the 3X9 range as my intended targets are smallish critters such as ptarmagin, grouse, yotes and the like. Range is likely to be under 150 yds, but it would be nice to be able to zoom in for head shots on the birds..
The scope is a leupold vx-2 3x9 with a elevation knob and a lr duplex. I like a little more power than 4 on my scopes. I'm also on the list with delta co for a heavy barreled rem 700. Good luck on your build.
Alangaq
Silent Operator

Post by Alangaq »

Tanks, good to know, and I think I will be going in the same direction regarding magnification. You sure have a nice setup, and I can only hope mine turns out as well.
"Those gun control activists advocating exchanging a liberty for safety should recall that the safest place on earth is solitary confinement at Leavenworth."
- Rand T. Lennox
WasDustyJacket
Senior Silent Operator

Post by WasDustyJacket »

silencertalk wrote:It is too hard to predict. Several months at least.
Not to be a jerk, but why so long?
Isn't it just a new barrel and a fireball bolt?
Shoot softly, and carry a big clip.
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

No. Custom actions. Custom barrels. Custom scope mounts. Plus product testing. Easily a year from when we started - which does not seem unusual since I have waited longer than that for a single custom rifle, let alone hundreds of them.
jdj
Elite Member

Post by jdj »

Will the actions, bolt, and barrel be nitrided?
"I regard virginity as a correctible perversity of no interest" - Lazarus Long (Time Enough for Love), Robert A. Heinlein
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

Just the barrel. The actions and bolt are phosphated. Nitriding is not a good thing to do to bolts. The bolt handle is brazed on, and dipping that in 1000 degree goop may weaken the braze. Even if we TIG welded the handles on, the nitriding is harder than you want on a bolt face and lugs.