Ammo availability.

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

300Blk
Site Admin

Ammo availability.

Post by 300Blk »

Rem 123 grain full power ammo is delayed because we are redesigning the bullet to be longer. This will make it feed is the widest range of guns. This will take months.

220 subsonic will be flowing again in Feb.

A bunch of other ammo choices will be out from other companies. I know of over a dozen loads being rushed out - so in March expect expanding full power ammo.

Bulk primed brass will be available from AAC as early as March or Q2 at the latest. These will be 2000 case packs and smaller ammo companies can use it to load their own speciality loads - but MidwayUSA will also have it and anyone can buy it. Retail 100 case unprimed packs will follow but I am not sure when.
Gerry McGinnis

Re: Ammo availability.

Post by Gerry McGinnis »

Can you provide a retail price at this time on the 2000 count pack of primed brass? Trying to decide between a Form and Dillon trim die/trimmer setup to convert part of my mountain of LC brass, or just holding out for commercial 300BLK brass. Thanks!
www.mcginniscustomknives.com
300Blk
Site Admin

Post by 300Blk »

See how midway has 2000 packs of 223 brass?

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... 1601152934

Retail is subject to change but it may be $540.
sanman28

Post by sanman28 »

silencertalk wrote:Rem 123 grain full power ammo is delayed because we are redesigning the bullet to be longer. This will make it feed is the widest range of guns. This will take months.

220 subsonic will be flowing again in Feb.

A bunch of other ammo choices will be out from other companies. I know of over a dozen loads being rushed out - so in March expect expanding full power ammo.

Bulk primed brass will be available from AAC as early as March or Q2 at the latest. These will be 2000 case packs and smaller ammo companies can use it to load their own speciality loads - but MidwayUSA will also have it and anyone can buy it. Retail 100 case unprimed packs will follow but I am not sure when.

Bummer. I need some of the 123gr stuff. Got plenty of 220.....but thats not for everything.
9mmkungfu
Silent Operator

Post by 9mmkungfu »

Not sure if I should start my own thread on this, but who currently has any ammo in stock? Not someone who is away at SHOT show, preferably.
700PSS
Elite Member

Post by 700PSS »

Did the Rem 123 grain function flawlessly in the 9" 300 AAC BLACKOUT Upper? If so, that's all I care about right now and I would gladly take what's available now.
"Common sense should be rebranded as uncommon practical knowledge of things you should know.”-nolwark76
liquidsniper

Post by liquidsniper »

I second the above. I have a Blackout and a 762 SD but nothing to feed it with. Is there any available Subsonc or SS? I'm not a reloader yet either.
robpiat
Silent Operator

Post by robpiat »

liquidsniper wrote:I second the above. I have a Blackout and a 762 SD but nothing to feed it with. Is there any available Subsonc or SS? I'm not a reloader yet either.
It would take you a few hundred dollars and a few days until you were making ammo.
jasonusvi
Silent But Deadly

Post by jasonusvi »

Too bad... imagine this will push LMT 300BLK release out since its predicated on them getting 100k+ of ammo to test.
A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them. – P. J. O'Rourke
82nd airborne
Silent But Deadly

Post by 82nd airborne »

We are trying to get some factory ammo released as we are also an ammo manufacturer, to offset this. We dont want our customers to have our guns and not be able to shoot them. We still need to do testing, which takes time, and we are already working 6 days a week to catch up on BLK orders. Another option, should we not be able to deliver ammo, and still make enough barrels and uppers, is that we are working with another company that makes some very very affordable ammo for the blk, using proprietary bullets that are plated 0.012" thick. They are a little heavy (165gr) but work very nicely and actually expand. The company that does them is also going to make a lighter, and possibly a 220g version as well. We are going to be working with them to get ammo for the BLK to the public.
Please do give us your suggestions though to help speed the process along. Below are a couple questions.
What weight bullets?
Expanding bullets/Barnes, or other brand?
How about having them come in 50rd boxes?
What would be an honest, fair price for 50rds of premium hunting ammo for you guys?
Regards,
Aaron Fouraker
Co-Owner
Delta Company Arms, LLC
(918) 332-6503
[email protected]
www.deltacompanyarms.com
IN GOD WE TRUST.