125 gr Trail Boss for AR?...cycle or not?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

RWA007
Senior Silent Operator

125 gr Trail Boss for AR?...cycle or not?

Post by RWA007 »

Hello,
Long time since I've posted here...good to see most of the members that I knew still here!

I seem to to into and out of calibers over the years and I'm back in the 300blk world again. I have two AR's, a 16" and a 9". I had a RARR but sold it. Going thru my reloading stuff, as I wanted to get back into subsonic's...I'm out of heavy ammo (220's), but I have 1000 125 gr Sierra Pro Hunters, and a jar of Trail Boss, along with cases and primers, etc. I found some load data for it (6.5-7 gr) but the problem is that both of my AR's do NOT have closeable gas blocks on them. (And I sold the bolt action as mentioned).

I have an Omega 300 that I can use on either AR. I do have an ODIN WORKS adjustable gas block, but it won't fit under either of my rails on my 300blk AR's.

So...I don't mind, in fact I would prefer, to be able to use them as SINGLE SHOTS with the subsonic loads (I don't think they will cycle based on what I've read). Does anyone know if they will A: Not cycle at all or B: Stovepipe and cause other issues or C: Cycle completely (which would be a surprise.) And would there be differences between the 9" and 16"?...And, I know it defeats the purpose, but I would even shoot them UNSUPPRESSED for plinking ammo if that is a possiblility?

My hope is that they DO NOT cycle at all, but anxious to hear what anyone has found out in real life?

Thanks in advance
Randy
dpete
Silent But Deadly

Re: 125 gr Trail Boss for AR?...cycle or not?

Post by dpete »

Trailboss under a 125gr isn't going to cycle an AR at all, but it does make damm fun mousefart loads for a RARR. But that horse is already out of the barn. Gone