Little Crow Gunworks - WFT2 issues with formed brass

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

jtaylor996
Senior Silent Operator

Post by jtaylor996 »

Last edited by jtaylor996 on Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cmax95

Re: Little Crow Gunworks - WFT2 issues with formed brass

Post by cmax95 »

I cut down and formed another batch of cases last night. Using the RCBS Small Base FL dies I set them up to bump the shoulders back 6 thousandths from some once fired cases that I shot through my rifle. After I was able to chamfer/deburr and wet tumble to remove the remove the Imperial Sizing Wax, the cases ran perfectly through the WFT2. Dellet was correct when explaining that the leftover sizing wax was causing some issues.
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

If you set up the WFT to trim newly formed unfired brass, you will need to readjust it to trim fired brass. The shoulder dimensions are not the same before and after. I have mine set up to trim slightly under spec, then once fired, cases are within spec. I never have trimmed a 300blk case twice. I can't see any good reason to not cut them to minimum starting off. Unless you think trimming brass is fun.

I debur trimmed cases by putting them in SS tumbler for 4 hours.
cmax95

Post by cmax95 »

Yeah I definitely do not enjoy having to add steps to my brass prep procedures. Once I got the WFT set up properly and the lube removed it worked fine. Do you find that tumbling for 4 hours with SS pins does as good of a job as using a standard deburr and chamfer tool? Are you just using soap and water or are you adding lemi-shine to that solution when you do that tumble?