GOFUNDME link for Zoie's Vet Bills

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

GOFUNDME link for Zoie's Vet Bills

Post by BadKarmaZeroSix »

Hey guys, i got a question non-gun related. Our dog is in emergency surgery right now, and estimates on her bills are a bit on the steep side to say the least. I'm looking to sell some stuff, maybe auction some things, use our tax refund and max out my CCs that i havent cut up during our attempt to get out of debt. My question is, has anyone here successfully used gofundme or any crowdsourcing pages to help in times like this? My back is kinda against the wall here, but i can't let our family member go when she has such a good chance of many more years if everything goes well...any insight helpful

UPDATE: Started a gofundme, we will see if this works...just got off phone with the surgeon, everything looks good so far, just watching for infection and proper bile function, then make sure she can hold down food before tubes come out. Any help greatly appreciated guys...thanks in advance...

https://www.gofundme.com/zoie039s-veterinary-bills
Last edited by BadKarmaZeroSix on Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Of course I'm carrying a gun. It's where I keep my bullets".
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Re: Anyone ever gofundme???

Post by Sithlord »

BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:Hey guys, i got a question non-gun related. Our dog is in emergency surgery right now, and estimates on her bills are a bit on the steep side to say the least. I'm looking to sell some stuff, maybe auction some things, use our tax refund and max out my CCs that i havent cut up during our attempt to get out of debt. My question is, has anyone here successfully used gofundme or any crowdsourcing pages to help in times like this? My back is kinda against the wall here, but i can't let our family member go when she has such a good chance of many more years if everything goes well...any insight helpful
Rebel set up a GoFundMe for Gary a few years back, IIRC... Similar situation - health related..
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Sithlord wrote:
BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:Hey guys, i got a question non-gun related. Our dog is in emergency surgery right now, and estimates on her bills are a bit on the steep side to say the least. I'm looking to sell some stuff, maybe auction some things, use our tax refund and max out my CCs that i havent cut up during our attempt to get out of debt. My question is, has anyone here successfully used gofundme or any crowdsourcing pages to help in times like this? My back is kinda against the wall here, but i can't let our family member go when she has such a good chance of many more years if everything goes well...any insight helpful
Rebel set up a GoFundMe for Gary a few years back, IIRC... Similar situation - health related..
Thanks, i will shoot him a msg
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

You won't know until you try. Probably will have the most interest generated among those you know, but you never know what some random strangers will do.

Make sure you check into the possible tax issues for gifted money and the fees that the host charges.

How many digits are we talking about?
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

dellet wrote:You won't know until you try. Probably will have the most interest generated among those you know, but you never know what some random strangers will do.

Make sure you check into the possible tax issues for gifted money and the fees that the host charges.

How many digits are we talking about?
Estimates are around 9k
Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Post by Scratch »

We did a GoFundMe for our daughters brain surgery a couple years ago. It went very well, and we surpassed our goal. Even GoFundMe donated 1000.00 back to us!
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Scratch wrote:We did a GoFundMe for our daughters brain surgery a couple years ago. It went very well, and we surpassed our goal. Even GoFundMe donated 1000.00 back to us!
Wow...well, it's up...so far one donation, but i dont have a big FB following
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

BadKarmaZeroSix wrote:
Scratch wrote:We did a GoFundMe for our daughters brain surgery a couple years ago. It went very well, and we surpassed our goal. Even GoFundMe donated 1000.00 back to us!
Wow...well, it's up...so far one donation, but i dont have a big FB following
I found a gofundme deal for a guy needing help with a vet bill for his great dane/mexican hairless mix. Gave what I could. Hope that helps :P
gotta link
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Updating the topic of thread now...
BadKarmaZeroSix
Silent But Deadly

Re: GOFUNDME link for Zoie's Vet Bills

The campaign is running pretty smoothly, thanks to those who have donated and/or shared...appreciate the help getting the word out there...
Update for you guys, Zoie is in ICU post-surgery and recovering...if her vitals stay good and she keeps down food and oral meds through tube, thry will start manual feeding today and she might be coming home tomorrow or sunday...she will still have several follow ups for lab work and removing feeding tube and drainage tube, but the odds are in her favor! Thanks again, guys...means a lot to me and my wife...