Republicans introduce antigun law !

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Re: Republicans introduce antigun law !

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

rebel wrote:
BigHat wrote:
hardcase wrote:I have a problem with the Youtube video in the 1st post. I showed it to a neighbor who is a vet (dog kind) and does not own a gun to get his reaction. The clip where a pocket was used to bump fire made him turn pale. I think most AR type folks know about this technique. I consider it a useless waste of ammo.

Leave the shock, preachy videos to the anti-gun crowd. This type just pushes more voters into the anti-gun group's hands.

Bump stocks are a joke. I don't care. Ban them. Not going to make me anti-NRA. Sorry.
I'm a benchrest shooter. I shoot ar 15's the same way. What do I care about semi automatics?
Because I do care. It's important that none of us take this attitude, otherwise we might as well live in England.

Exactly !

You give an inch, and Uncle Sam will take a mile !
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

BigHat wrote:
hardcase wrote:I have a problem with the Youtube video in the 1st post. I showed it to a neighbor who is a vet (dog kind) and does not own a gun to get his reaction. The clip where a pocket was used to bump fire made him turn pale. I think most AR type folks know about this technique. I consider it a useless waste of ammo.

Leave the shock, preachy videos to the anti-gun crowd. This type just pushes more voters into the anti-gun group's hands.

Bump stocks are a joke. I don't care. Ban them. Not going to make me anti-NRA. Sorry.

fudd's with an attitude like you sir are exactly part of the problem and why the gun control debate is where it is.

i dont even own a bumpstock (i like my barrels and plan to keep them as long as possible) so i have no dog in the fight whatsoever - other than defending my rights as a gun owner.

which is more important than any single - or combination of - features on any firearm.

go sit in the corner and contemplate the foolishness of your decisions

Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

Since this is America, I’ll stick by my original statement. That being my only concern is that any incriminal restriction of gun rights is used as steeping stones on the way to a ban of all semi-auto rifles.

BUT

All it will take is a copcat out to become infamous, using a bump fire device an the anti-gun crowd could ask for, and maybe get a ban on all semi ARs.

People who don’t know guns do not differentiate between stocks. They all look the same to them. According to the news “military assault ruffle.

Trashing a useless item is a small price to pay for appearing reasonable.
anotherkelley
Silent But Deadly

Post by anotherkelley »

BigHat wrote:
We can't let this turd of a bill through while telling ourselves "no biggie - they're just after the bump stocks'.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-con ... -bill/3999

These creatures are after far more than the bump-stocks.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

GOA has an email campaign going right now.. just got the notification earlier

https://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/home?6
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
VENT625
Silent But Deadly

Post by VENT625 »

I could care less about the bump stock.....some of you know that I could care less about automatics and suppressors as well.. They are not for me. While I could care less about these things, I know that a lot of people, a lot on this forum, enjoy those things. Banning of one thing opens the flood gates to banning more. I'm not for banning of anything. It's just a method of pushing something off to the side because people don't want to deal with it. I've never had positive feelings about the NRA. I'm not sure what side they're on. Therefore they don't get my money. I do however take part in voting on issues related to guns. In 2013 we had a recall here in Colorado of some anti gunners. I took part and signed the petition to have them removed. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, so I'll leave at "I love chocolate, my family and puppies"......Good day.
"Trust me...I know what I'm doing."

smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

The bill is DOA. It is not even going to committee for review.