Republicans introduce antigun law !

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: Republicans introduce antigun law !

Post by dellet »

Don't let emotion allow us to start eating our own or drive what you say and write.

Now is a time to really pay close attention, Rebel's one liner and threehundreds response can't make that any more clear. Something that is easily interpreted two ways, can and will be used to divide.

I'm guessing that a simple comma or paragraph break, in the wrong place or missing altogether, can start an unintended flame fest.

Now is not the time to start shooting each other in the foot.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

rebel wrote:Yep, took that personal and it was meant to be general. That's on you ThreeHun.
I won't take your reponse personal as the internet tends to give you thick skin after dealing with folks that fly off the handle.
I am very grown up.

My comment was meant for gun owners that watch, post and bitch and then that's where it stops.

Not a millennial but my joints and back wish they were.

Glad you contacted your rep, welcome.
Really before your BP flares to high maybe you should work on reading comprehension.But I have been there, done that as well :oops:
No harm,no foul.
I guess i just took yours wrong, it looked personal, but this is one more situation that makes me hate texting even more. Anyyways, like i said no harm meant to be done and glad you have thick enough skin unlike kids these days.
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !
ThreeHundredBlackout
Silent But Deadly

Post by ThreeHundredBlackout »

dellet wrote:Don't let emotion allow us to start eating our own or drive what you say and write.

Now is a time to really pay close attention, Rebel's one liner and threehundreds response can't make that any more clear. Something that is easily interpreted two ways, can and will be used to divide.

I'm guessing that a simple comma or paragraph break, in the wrong place or missing altogether, can start an unintended flame fest.

Now is not the time to start shooting each other in the foot.

Agreed.

Sorry Reb. My missunderstanding.
Only Jesus Christ Saves ! ! !
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Absolutely no problem sir!
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
emmagee1917
Senior Silent Operator

Post by emmagee1917 »

It affects us all .
Revolver shooters , no more trigger jobs , speed loaders , lighter springs , opened up cylinders , full moon clips , etc.
Black powder shooters , no wooden blocks holding a patch and ball , no flask spouts , no paper or plastic powder / bullet carriers , no short starters , no unattached ramrods , no funnels .
Single shot riflemen , no holding three rounds between your fingers , no stock or forend ammo carriers , no improved sights , no trigger jobs .
Bolt gun shooters , no detachable magazines , no stripper clips , no optics , no recoil brakes , no fancy triggers , no recoil pads .

You see , ANYTHING that speeds the shot can be banned , and it WILL BE !
Chris
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

I have a problem with the Youtube video in the 1st post. I showed it to a neighbor who is a vet (dog kind) and does not own a gun to get his reaction. The clip where a pocket was used to bump fire made him turn pale. I think most AR type folks know about this technique. I consider it a useless waste of ammo.

Leave the shock, preachy videos to the anti-gun crowd. This type just pushes more voters into the anti-gun group's hands.
BigHat

Post by BigHat »

hardcase wrote:I have a problem with the Youtube video in the 1st post. I showed it to a neighbor who is a vet (dog kind) and does not own a gun to get his reaction. The clip where a pocket was used to bump fire made him turn pale. I think most AR type folks know about this technique. I consider it a useless waste of ammo.

Leave the shock, preachy videos to the anti-gun crowd. This type just pushes more voters into the anti-gun group's hands.

Bump stocks are a joke. I don't care. Ban them. Not going to make me anti-NRA. Sorry.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

BigHat wrote:
hardcase wrote:I have a problem with the Youtube video in the 1st post. I showed it to a neighbor who is a vet (dog kind) and does not own a gun to get his reaction. The clip where a pocket was used to bump fire made him turn pale. I think most AR type folks know about this technique. I consider it a useless waste of ammo.

Bump stocks are a joke. I don't care. Ban them. Not going to make me anti-NRA. Sorry.
I think this here is the problem. I am ambivalent to the bump stocks, however I am totally against them being banned. Unfortunately this is what gets us gun control.

"it does not directly effect me, so why should I care".

What about when it is something you care about? You refused to stand against the previous bans. You being against banning the next item or category holds no weight.

I am not yet anti NRA, but I am highly pissed at Lapierre and Cox.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
MisterHelix
Silent Operator

Post by MisterHelix »

BigHat wrote:

I don't care about bump stocks either, problem is, the bills submitted do not contain narrowly tailored language banning bump stocks. In fact, they don't even contain the words "bump stock".

Instead, they are vague, open-ended catch-all bills that can (and will) be abused by interpretation.

While I don't care if bump stocks disappear, I've had it with the left's (and the rights) continual attempts to constrain, erode, undermine, and otherwise ~infringe~ upon our basic rights.

The endgame is civilian disarmament. I can't think of any reason to give an inch. They cannot and will not be appeased.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

BigHat wrote:

I'm a benchrest shooter. I shoot ar 15's the same way. What do I care about semi automatics?
Because I do care. It's important that none of us take this attitude, otherwise we might as well live in England.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.