CVA Scout takedown in 300 Blackout

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Xhare

Post by Xhare »

I just purchased a brand new CVA Scout in 300 Blackout with the take down forend. I have installed a Leupold FX-II 2.5x20 ultralight scope on it. I have not been able to shoot it yet. The build quality and the fit and finish of the rifle appears to be first rate. At first unlocking the barrel was tight, but I have loosened it up by cleaning it and by operating the action a number of times. Compared to my AAC Handi Rifle, it is a smidge longer due to having a slightly longer stock. I have killed 4 deer with my AAC and hope to use my CVA this fall.

I'd post a picture, but haven't figured out how.
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Re: CVA Scout takedown in 300 Blackout

Post by Steve Urquell »

Xhare wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:35 am I just purchased a brand new CVA Scout in 300 Blackout with the take down forend. I have installed a Leupold FX-II 2.5x20 ultralight scope on it. I have not been able to shoot it yet. The build quality and the fit and finish of the rifle appears to be first rate. At first unlocking the barrel was tight, but I have loosened it up by cleaning it and by operating the action a number of times. Compared to my AAC Handi Rifle, it is a smidge longer due to having a slightly longer stock. I have killed 4 deer with my AAC and hope to use my CVA this fall.

I'd post a picture, but haven't figured out how.
Sweet. To post pics I use Imgur. It's free. Upload to it and then post the link it says to use for forums. It has this code. [img [/img]
Xhare

Post by Xhare »

Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

Xhare wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:33 pm Image
Nice! Thanks for posting. How easy does it come apart?
Xhare

Post by Xhare »

It comes apart very easy. And when you put it back together, the forearm connects with a satisfying and audible click. I haven't looked real close, but that mechanism seems to be all metal as well.
Michaelbuh

Post by Michaelbuh »

Does anyone have a CVA "take down" case that I could buy or borrow to make a improved model pattern from? CVA confirmed no more take down rifles being produced but I have a Scout V2 that has a forearm with leverlike countless shotguns have for quick take apart. CVA stated that they do not have the take down rifle case in stock or one that I could borrow and return to them. I am thinking of making these cases for sale that will fit the Scout V2 models. Any help? Thanks.....