Micro 7 ejection/extraction issues

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Enfoto

Post by Enfoto »

new here, did some reading and looked the bolt over the best i could but cant figure out what the problem is.
I have a model 81 in 35 Rem that has just started having a extraction and ejection issue.
It worked last time i shot it about a year ago and has set in the safe since.
No rust anywhere and action is oiled up good.
Ok, when operating the bolt by hand to unload the shell comes back about halfway of bolt travel then falls out of the bolt and lays on the magazine.
The first few times i operated the bolt this morning it ejected the bullets but then stopped working.
I loaded up five rounds and went out and fired them and it functioned fine.
Would appreciate your help.
The ejector plunger and spring are stiff and work freely, ther is a bevel on the ejector plunger
The extractor seems to grip the case well, if i remove the barrel and put a shell under the extractor it has a lot of tension on it and if i let it go it flips off.
Vudogul

Re: Micro 7 ejection/extraction issues

Post by Vudogul »

Yes, few times I've seen such issues. It didn’t extract the actual fired case. I have checked this review https://opticzoo.com/best-scope-for-ar- ... under-100/ and decided to buy a new scope because I want equipment without any issue and recommend you do to in the same way. You can choose the best one up to your budget.
ShermanFug

Post by ShermanFug »

I had the same extraction issues on my B22FVSR. Was just fine for about the first 1000 rounds. Cleaned religiously. Took the bolt apart and scrubbed it clean. Worked for about fifty rounds. Same extraction problems came back. Bad enough it wouldnt pull an unfired round out of the chamber. Chamber was clear with no carbon ring. Gave it to my dealer to send back last week. I advise you to do the same as Savage is aware of these issues.
https://www.sportzfuel.com/
wildfowler
Silent But Deadly

Re: Micro 7 ejection/extraction issues

Post by wildfowler »

On my model seven if I am using a one piece rail mounted scope mount like a larue or JP rifle the brass won’t clear the base of the mount and will drop back in and land on the follower as you described.

Two individual scope rings work just fine though for me. If you think this might be the cause an easy test is to simply remove the scope and try.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George