10.5 shorty adjustable gas block

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Safetyoff

10.5 shorty adjustable gas block

Post by Safetyoff »

I have a new 10.5 shorty with adjustable gas block. For those that shoot a upper with the adj gas block, is it normal for powder residue to dirty the rail and barrel up around the gas block? If so I'm fine with it just want to make sure there is not something up. No cycling issues or anything just a dull rust colored residue builds up in a 2" area all around the gas block. Obviously gas is escaping from the block somewhere and possibly this is normal. I don't see this with my Larues with Adj block. Thanks in advance.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Re: 10 5 shorty adjustable gas block

Post by plant.one »

Enfoto wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:59 am Good stuff. One reason I never use an adjustable gas block however is that I only own 3 mags

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
so what exactly does how many magazines you own have to do with using or not using an AGB?
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Re: 10.5 shorty adjustable gas block

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Let me guess, a gas block that uses set screws to attach. Those only make contact at the 12 and 6 o'clock position and can have gaps at the 12 o'clock.

I use clamp on style because they clamp around the barrel creating a more complete seal.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
CharlesLurge

10 5 shorty adjustable gas block

Post by CharlesLurge »

I dont know where you guys got youre info on the PSA adjustable gas block but their is some misinformation in here.

The front screw, parallel with the barrel, is the set screw. The side screw, perpendicular to the barrel, is your gas adjustment screw.

Back off the front screw first, adjust the side screw, then tighten the front set screw.
https://www.winterisnotcoming.org/choosing-the-perfect-bed-comforter-set/