Micro 7 ejection/extraction issues

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Kjinks

Micro 7 ejection/extraction issues

Post by Kjinks »

Signed up and this is first post. I read through every post I could find addressing this issue but found no real info pertaining to actual fix. I would greatly appreciate any help I could get. I typically frequent 24hourcampfire

I have a micro 7 300blk I inherited from my uncle. Per his wife was never even fired, and he had no ammo for it. Purchased from cdnn.

It won’t eject for crap. Extracts most of the time but drops the empty brass back on the follower. I ordered a 17 fireball extractor and installed, made no difference.
Gun feeds fine which is a plus I guess

Checked scope and mounts and it’s not hitting this

AAC says no warranty(2nd hand to me) and honestly acted like they didn’t even want to look at it for repair( I wouldn’t mind to pay to get it working right). They did advise I measure twist rate, and said if not 1-7 they would replace barrel for free. So will be checking that tonight

I have a very good precision rifle builder not far from my house, and could easily have m16 extractor installed, but don’t want to pay for a modification if it won’t fix the issue

What’s did you guys do to get this fixed. Any and all advice appreciated!
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Re: Micro 7 ejection/extraction issues

Post by rebel »

Try replacing your ejector spring with a heavier one. If that doesn't fix it I would ask your gunsmith's opinion.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

I have two model 7’s and one will do that if I work the action too slow. It’s also the one that I had the bolt face trued.

The case is so short that it can fall off before it gets to the ejection port if the ejector does not have the power to hold it against the wall of the action. If you are working it slow it might be part of the problem. Also if the ejector is short or weak as Rebel suggested.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

dellet wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:20 am I have two model 7’s and one will do that if I work the action too slow. It’s also the one that I had the bolt face trued.

The case is so short that it can fall off before it gets to the ejection port if the ejector does not have the power to hold it against the wall of the action. If you are working it slow it might be part of the problem. Also if the ejector is short or weak as Rebel suggested.
+1 dellet beat me to it. Mine is pretty weak unless working the action quickly.
Kjinks

Post by Kjinks »

Thanks for the reply guys. I will try a stronger ejector spring and see how that does. The gunsmith believes it’s the case is too short and the ejection port would need to be opened up for it to work reliably. I don’t really wanna mill the action.

Might just sell it for a loss and of course be honest with buyer and try the new model 7 kuiu version. Does it have the same problems??
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Are you also having some sort of extraction issue, where it won't pull the round out of the chamber?
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Kjinks

Post by Kjinks »

One time it didn’t extract the actual fired case, but this was before I replaced the extractor and I have had no further issues with that
Kjinks

Post by Kjinks »

Shot 10 rounds tonight. Only 2 ejected. One didn’t extract. Tried slow and fast. Didn’t seem to make a difference
tomcat11-64

Post by tomcat11-64 »

I had a sako extractor installed. Works very well.

Cost me around $165 for everthing.
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Post by ozleux »

Not a Micro 7, but had the same issue with a 700. We found that the case was hitting the scope base (EGW) as soon as it cleared the front opening of the ejection port.
Might be worth a look.
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"