Suppressor for RARR

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Gjs

Suppressor for RARR

Post by Gjs »

Hi
Any recommendations for a suppressor for RARR I want something short and fat so the rifle does not get to long, I’m in the uk but we do have access to a lot of brands / makes but maybe not all of them. will shoot jacketed & gas checked lead.
Cheers for any info
Gjs
Whole Bunches
Silent But Deadly

Re: Suppressor for RARR

Post by Whole Bunches »

Both my RARR's like the thread-on CRUX Ark30. The Gemtech Quicksand quick mount suppressor, while quieter with its longer size, did not give as good of accuracy. However, since you'd be shooting some gas check lead bullets, I'd recommend a suppressor that you can take apart to remove the lead that will build up from the lead vapors. I am not familiar with take-apart 30 cal suppressors, so I'll let someone else give advice in that area.

Personally, I'd use a suppressor when shooting jacketed bullets (which I do all the time, subsonic and supersonic), and shooting without a suppressor when using lead bullets.

Let me put it this way: I fired some (about 10 shots) lead bullets suppressed and could see lead build up in the first chamber after only a few rounds. I stopped. The lead build up gradually mostly went away after quite a few jacketed bullets. Still can see some lead in the corners of the blast chamber. No leading was seen in the gun barrel itself. Maybe it was a fluke, but that was the end of suppressed lead bullets in the Blackout.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Meh...a little lead in the suppressor makes it quieter. :lol:

Personally, I'd look at the Thunder Beast Ultra 5 or Ultra 7, depending on how short you want to go.
Gjs

Post by Gjs »

Cheers for the info
Gjs

Post by Gjs »

Hi
I have also been powder coating my bullets what about putting them through the suppressor would that cure leading issues :?:
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Gjs wrote:Hi
I have also been powder coating my bullets what about putting them through the suppressor would that cure leading issues :?:
I've been shooting PC bullets for several years without any lead buildup. And as alluded to above, I don't get too worked up about it anyway. There are ways to clean it out if it ever becomes an issue.
BlogSarge
Silent But Deadly

Post by BlogSarge »

30 cal Silencerco Omega on mine is about MOA with a 4x scope. And nicely quiet!
thisguysguns
Silent But Deadly

Post by thisguysguns »

SilencerCo Harvester 300 is a great option if you can get it across the pond. It's very quiet, and at 11oz with mount (about 0.31kg), you barely even notice it on the end of your gun. Silences the RARR very well. I've had zero point of impact shift so far.
$1.35 a day... Best job I ever had.
Gjs

Post by Gjs »

Cheers for the replies and suggestions it just depends What I can get in the UK there are some UK manufactures ones from Europe, ASE Utra are from Finland they look good & have been recommended and Tikka rifles come from there and they are very good.
I will see what USA makes I can get over here & let you know.
bearcatrp
Silent But Deadly

Post by bearcatrp »

I have a sandman-s on my 10 inch 300BO. Don’t need hearing protection. Short enough to keep it quiet. Love the quick detach system. Built like a tank!