Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Re: Cheapest once-fired 223/5.56 brass?

Post by rlandry6 »

Mike7.62 wrote:
bangbangping wrote:
dellet wrote:How many are you looking for? Search “caliber/by the pound”

I have used DiamondK before and price will depend on whether you want it clean or processed, and the type. Sorting by headstamp can cost a couple cents per case.

Or you can bid on the surplus stuff, generally 1000 pounds or better, but it’s cheap.
Pretty sure I need less than half a ton. Although I do have a lot of bullets. Maybe 2K pieces. My gun budget is already blown for the year, so I'm doing this on the cheap. Which means I process.

Sig220, American has a decent price. Not sure I want to worry about lube getting into the primers, though. And I think I'd rather get the pockets swaged up front. hmmm....maybe
Gun budget? What is this thing called "gun budget "of which you speak? Don't say anything about that to my wife, as I have her convinced that there is no such animal.
I also have not spoken to my wife of this thing called gun budget, She thinks I buy all of my toys with proceeds from selling stuff on fleabay and Craigslist. I just hope that if I die first she doesn't sell off my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

rlandry6 wrote:I also have not spoken to my wife of this thing called gun budget, She thinks I buy all of my toys with proceeds from selling stuff on fleabay and Craigslist. I just hope that if I die first she doesn't sell off my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.
Mine is a self-imposed fictional concept that in practice has never actually deterred a purchase. :lol: I just have to be careful buying firearms because if my wife sees a new one she wants one just like it.
rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Post by rlandry6 »

bangbangping wrote:
rlandry6 wrote:I also have not spoken to my wife of this thing called gun budget, She thinks I buy all of my toys with proceeds from selling stuff on fleabay and Craigslist. I just hope that if I die first she doesn't sell off my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.
Mine is a self-imposed fictional concept that in practice has never actually deterred a purchase. :lol: I just have to be careful buying firearms because if my wife sees a new one she wants one just like it.
Wow! She's a keeper. My wife has a couple of nice STI pistols, but the long gun game is mine alone.
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
Mike7.62
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mike7.62 »

Mine is very tolerant of my...addiction. I guess I should contact Gunaholics Anonymous.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

bangbangping wrote:

i mean.. really... if thats the worst problem you have in your marriage... well yea.. i got nothing.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

bangbangping wrote:I found a place selling mixed military for $79/K or $150/2K with free shipping so I went with that.
In case anyone's interested...
Ordered from https://www.evergladesammo.com on Saturday, they processed on Sunday, and it got here yesterday. Not bad. The brass looks very clean and in good shape. I went through one bag of 500 so far. There were 501 pieces of LC (11 and 12) and 24 WMA. Only one piece was dented enough that I trashed it.
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sig220 »

bangbangping wrote:
bangbangping wrote:I found a place selling mixed military for $79/K or $150/2K with free shipping so I went with that.
In case anyone's interested...
Ordered from https://www.evergladesammo.com on Saturday, they processed on Sunday, and it got here yesterday. Not bad. The brass looks very clean and in good shape. I went through one bag of 500 so far. There were 501 pieces of LC (11 and 12) and 24 WMA. Only one piece was dented enough that I trashed it.
I caught the same fever and ordered a bag (500) of the blank cases. Shipped priority for free! Got it quick, but am not as dedicated as Bang and will just nibble away at it! :roll: Anyway, added a new vendor to my list!