Another Panic Buy Ahead?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

rlandry6
Silent But Deadly

Another Panic Buy Ahead?

Post by rlandry6 »

Has anyone given thought to this since we lost the House to the Dimocrats? I think we are relatively safe for the time being, given we have the Senate and Trump in the White House. But What if the political winds shift, Trump is removed for whatever reason, the GOP caves(not unheard of) and we start to see our 2nd Amendment rights begin to deteriorate? Is every one ready? We saw the results of the last panic, jacked up prices, empty shelves, months of non-availability on some things.
The most likely victim would likely be ammo, like has happened in Kalifornia. A gun does you little good if you can find ammo, or simply can't afford it.
I do not, by any stretch, advocate going out and cleaning off shelves, but what about those couple of extra mags you've been putting off purchasing, extra springs, followers, base pads? During the Clinton gun ban, it was against Federal law to buy hi-cap mags, but you could buy components all day to repair them. Brownells sold hi-cap tubes with the disclaimer that it was against federal law to purchase a new tube for the purpose of building a hi-cap magazine. I'm sure that slowed their sales down. (NOT) How about the stripped AR lower you have been thinking about getting and setting back for an "emergency"? How will you react if things take a turn for the direction south?
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
ArmedInfidel
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Re: Another Panic Buy Ahead?

Post by Freedom1973 »

I think it will be more on a state level. They are pushing hard in certain states to get more bans. Virginia is one of those states. VCDL is having their Lobby Day on the 21st to push back on all the gun control issues. If they start passing laws...this state will be in a panic to buy, sell, trade before the universal BG checks get implemented. CT had the same issue after Sandy Hook.
John A.
Silent But Deadly

Post by John A. »

Many folks have been buying for years and have enough to last through most panics.

Not saying that it cant' happen. It always does.

Yes, there have been bills submitted in the house and the senate for assault weapons, but even if they are signed into law, I don't know of anyone that would actually abide by it. Most patriots are sick of the rhetoric and have already decided that if the gov't writes a law that will make them felons, they'll just be felons. Even the brave souls up in NJ are not registering their property. And I don't blame them.

Who in their right mind would ever tell someone that wants to take your stuff what you have and where you keep it?

Politicians think gun owners are stupid or something.

Only word of advice that I will say is don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Take that however you'd like.
When those totally ignorant of firearms make laws, you end up with totally ignorant firearm laws.
AggieJim
Silent Operator

Post by AggieJim »

Not based on individual sales.