Primary Arms scope help.

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Thom

Primary Arms scope help.

Post by Thom »

Does anyone have experience with the Primary Arms 1-6 SFB with ACSS 300 BO rifle scope listed on amazon for less than $300?
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Re: Primary Arms scope help.

Post by cwlongshot »

There is a few videos on uTube with this model.

I have a MONSTRUM in same scope. I like it allot.

(Shh I have it on a 223. :) )

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
golfindia
Silent But Deadly

Post by golfindia »

Never been a fan of caliber-specific reticles. The hash marks never are 100% usable, and I don't like the extra clutter....

However, I got one of the 556 ACSS scopes when PA had some blem units available for $179. I never could find a visible "blem" on the one I got. I put it on a 6.8. I figured out dope for the lines and it works just fine.

The eye relief is not great at 6x. And 1X magnification is really like 0.9x. Weird, but things look SMALLER when the thing is turned all the way down and makes your eyes get buggy if they are both open. Don't turn it all the way to the end and it's ok (maybe this is the "blem"?).

The scope is pretty light for a cheap scope, and the reticle lines are nice and sharp.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

I also have the 5.56 ACSS 1-6 and love it. I have NEVER been a fan of BDC reticles but these work well. Their magnification is about perfect for a battle rifle and the expected ranges.

If I were going to spend the money again I would get the FFP version called the Raptor. It is a faster reticle that works at all magnification ranges.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
Thom

Post by Thom »

Thanks for the advice. As a newbe to rifles, I appreciate the help.
Thom
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flatliner »

I have two and love them, they are my go-to AR scope. I have used numerous other scopes. The ACSS reticle, while not bullseye shooting exact, works really well for its intended purpose across a pretty wide variety of ammo. I find the overall quality (especially light gathering and clarity) to be a little better than Vortex but not a Leopold by any stretch. That is pretty subjective though.