First post, new gun

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Ricrock

Re: First post, new gun

Post by Ricrock »

Hello Dellet,

I really feel dumb now. I just measured the Fiocchi 220 Match King and it is only 2.081. I reloaded a few into one of the D&H magazines and it had plenty of room at the tip. The only thing I can think of is when I loaded the magazine for the range I first had it too full and secondly didn't make sure the round was all the way to the back of the mag because they were jammed into the magazine at the tip at the range, and wouldn't chamber. I just thought it was because of the larger bullet.

I hand cycled a couple of mags loaded with only 5 rounds and they chambered just fine and ejected great too.

I ordered some 90 gr. Barnes AR and when it comes in I'll go back to the range and re-check the Fiocchi.

I'll report back next week.

On a different note, does anyone know where I can find any of the dedicated 300 BLK Lancer magazines? I have looked everywhere and have come up with no results, even at Lancer.

Rick
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Ricrock wrote:On a different note, does anyone know where I can find any of the dedicated 300 BLK Lancer magazines? I have looked everywhere and have come up with no results, even at Lancer.

Rick
Primary Arms has 'em.
https://www.primaryarms.com/lancer-l5aw ... 00-4280-05
Ricrock

Post by Ricrock »

Thank you BangBangPing! ordered!
AggieJim
Silent Operator

Post by AggieJim »

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/lancer-l5-a ... azine.html

They apparently have Lancer L5 AR-15 300 Blackout 30-Round Advanced Warfighter Magazines.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Ricrock wrote:Hello Dellet,

I really feel dumb now. I just measured the Fiocchi 220 Match King and it is only 2.081. I reloaded a few into one of the D&H magazines and it had plenty of room at the tip. The only thing I can think of is when I loaded the magazine for the range I first had it too full and secondly didn't make sure the round was all the way to the back of the mag because they were jammed into the magazine at the tip at the range, and wouldn't chamber. I just thought it was because of the larger bullet.

I hand cycled a couple of mags loaded with only 5 rounds and they chambered just fine and ejected great too.

I ordered some 90 gr. Barnes AR and when it comes in I'll go back to the range and re-check the Fiocchi.

I'll report back next week.

On a different note, does anyone know where I can find any of the dedicated 300 BLK Lancer magazines? I have looked everywhere and have come up with no results, even at Lancer.

Rick
Some of the long, fat bullets can be a pain until you get used to loading in the magazine. Another thing to be aware of is dropping a mag. It ends up a jumbled mess.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.