First post, new gun

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Ricrock

First post, new gun

Post by Ricrock »

Hello all,

I just returned from my first range trip with my new 300 BLK pistol. I used a BA 8-1/2" Modern Series barrel and assembled everything pretty much the same was as the AR carbines I have put together. If there is any interest I'll post my entire build list. I don't have a clue how to post pictures on this forum or I would.

The pistol was perfect in last round lock back using weights from 110 to 200 grain, both super and sub sonic. I'm using the Geissele Super 42 spring, and the pistol functioned the way I hoped with no malfunctions in shooting over 200 total rounds, all un-suppressed.

The only issue I had was the 220 grain Fiocchi would not feed into the chamber. I was using D&H 300 Blk specific magazines. This is not a serious issue because I don't need to shoot that weight anyway, it's just an inconvenience since I have 50 rounds of that ammo.

I have ordered a couple of the new Magpul magazines for 300 BLK and maybe that will fix the issue.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: First post, new gun

Post by bangbangping »

You noisy kids with your short barrels and your no suppressors. :roll:
:lol:

Welcome. What exactly do you mean by the Fiocci "wouldn't feed into the chamber"? That's the 220 Match King bullet, right? Wouldn't expect that one to cause problems.
Ricrock

Post by Ricrock »

I'm thinking it's the magazine. The round was actually touching the front wall of the mag. Seems to bee too long for this magazine. Maybe the Magpul one will fix it. I didn't try my Lancer with this round. Just the D & H
Ricrock

Post by Ricrock »

I just re-read the post....I'm not a kid....I'm 75
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flatliner »

Welcome to the forum.
Bob the nailer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bob the nailer »

Welcome good to hear the 300Blk is running good. A word of warning stay away from dellet on the forum, he will just poison your mind with outragous 300 Blk abilities! 800 yards with 154 grain pills blaah. :lol:

Enjoy the forum and the cartridge.
One ragged hole! The quest for accuracy continues...

Bob the nailer
NRA Life member
Varmint Hunters Assoc. Member
American Gunsmith Association
www.knowyourzero.com
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

Ricrock wrote:I'm thinking it's the magazine. The round was actually touching the front wall of the mag. Seems to bee too long for this magazine. Maybe the Magpul one will fix it. I didn't try my Lancer with this round. Just the D & H
Ricrock,
I had a D&H 20 round mag that was out of spec. The 10 and 30's worked fine.
Freedom
Welcome!
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flatliner »

On a related note, here is how to post pics to the forum:

viewtopic.php?f=128&t=84314&hilit=how+to+post+pictures
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Bob the nailer wrote:Welcome good to hear the 300Blk is running good. A word of warning stay away from dellet on the forum, he will just poison your mind with outragous 300 Blk abilities! 800 yards with 154 grain pills blaah. :lol:

Enjoy the forum and the cartridge.
Don’t draw me into your private hell mister, that was Dr. Phil. I was just the cheerleader on that project. :shock:

Besides you’re the one who claims MOA accuracy is possible with cheap plated or cast bullets :mrgreen:

On a serious note Ricrock, if you can measure the length of the rounds that don’t feed, over 2.250” can be tight and toe in enough to hang up in a full mag. Careful loading and stopping about 3 rounds short of full can help.

It would be good if you can measure and post a length, if the stuff is out of spec, over 2.260” it would be great to know.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Bob the nailer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bob the nailer »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
One ragged hole! The quest for accuracy continues...

Bob the nailer
NRA Life member
Varmint Hunters Assoc. Member
American Gunsmith Association
www.knowyourzero.com