Got to shoot my Blackout today

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gunman42782

Got to shoot my Blackout today

Post by gunman42782 »

Well, my first time out with my new 300 Blackout. I put a Nikon 3-9x40 on it, had some 125 grain Speer bullets loaded up in front of some W296. After I got it dialed in, I had two 3/4 inch groups at 100 yards, 3 shot groups. I was very impressed, to say the least. I had one box of Remington 220 grain bullets I bought from Wally World. (I didn't really pay attention when I bought them that they where sub sonics!) I shot them up, more or less to get rid of them and have some more brass. Man, those things shot a good foot and a half lower than my 125 grainers! Anyway, I had a lot of fun with it, no malfunctions, everything was smooth. It really seemed like it recoiled less than a 5.56.
blaster
Silent But Deadly

Re: Got to shoot my Blackout today

Post by blaster »

well your not a virgin anymore. :mrgreen: the 300BLK IS a lot of fun to shoot. very light recoil & noise, plenty of power. if you get into suppressors, you can go in a completely new direction.
peace through superior firepower
tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Post by tallburnedmidget »

gunman42782 wrote:Well, my first time out with my new 300 Blackout. I put a Nikon 3-9x40 on it, had some 125 grain Speer bullets loaded up in front of some W296. After I got it dialed in, I had two 3/4 inch groups at 100 yards, 3 shot groups. I was very impressed, to say the least. I had one box of Remington 220 grain bullets I bought from Wally World. (I didn't really pay attention when I bought them that they where sub sonics!) I shot them up, more or less to get rid of them and have some more brass. Man, those things shot a good foot and a half lower than my 125 grainers! Anyway, I had a lot of fun with it, no malfunctions, everything was smooth. It really seemed like it recoiled less than a 5.56.
Hi there and welcome!

Yeah it is fun. If you ever go to the subsonic suppressed route you will have a whole other world of fun. This is an amazing and versatile round, a total playground for us nerds :)
10ring1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 10ring1 »

Congrats! Also if u get into reloading the opportunity is limitless
Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flatliner »

Congrats, show us a pic if you have one.