Looking for stock suggestions

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Looking for stock suggestions

Post by Scratch »

I'm looking for a stock for my new AR build, and am hoping you all might have some suggestions that I haven't heard of. Here are the criteria that I want:

WEIGHT- Must be under 9 oz.
QD MOUNTS- must be on the sides, near the back of the stock. Must be a left and right side mount.
BUTT PAD- Must have some form of rubber butt pad so it won't slip while standing on a hard surface.
ANGLED BOTTOM - Must have an angled bottom on the butt pad.
BUFFER TUBE SIZE - Must be able to fit a Mil-Spec tube

I really like the MFT Battlelink , but I want the QD mounts on the sides, not underneath.

I like the Fab Defense GL-Core, but wish it was a little lighter. I don't care about the "fits both Mil-spec and Commercial" thing.

Right now the Viper Mod-1 is in the lead as it meets all of my criteria, as long as I add the rubber buttpad, (which seems to be hard to find...)

Any other suggestions?
DevinRPD

Re: Looking for stock suggestions

Post by DevinRPD »

Strike Industries also sells a CQB stock that is shorter than their original one

But my favorite stock is my lwrc compact. its meant to be used with their shorter buffer but i used it on my mil-spec and its perfect
r.tenorio671
Silent But Deadly

Post by r.tenorio671 »

....I use the MFT but found that the "hook shape" would catch on things (gear, bags, switching shoulders when using single point slingetc.), so I just braided up some para cord to take care of that issue. But, in doing so it also hampered using the QD a bit, had to be careful in the manner of attaching the para cord so it wasn't blocked. It's not the most comfortable when in the prone w/my .308 build. I'm going to try the "Adaptive Tactical" on the .308 to resolve that. Should help with the future 65CM upper as well. It's an option for teh recoil sensitive shooter or those with shoulder issues due to age, injury, etc.

https://adaptivetactical.com/collection ... 4-carbines
Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Post by Scratch »

So I couldn't find "exactly" what I want, but I was able to make it. I bought a MFT Battlelink stock and 2 Uncle Mikes QD swivel cups from Brownells. Then I drilled a hole in the stock and used a bolt, lockwasher, nut, and some Locktite to attach them together through the stock. Now I have QD mounts on both sides, right where I like them, it only cost an extra 4 bucks, and added a total of .4 ounces to the already lightweight 5.9 ounce stock.

Flatliner
Silent But Deadly

Post by Flatliner »

Superb idea!

Here is the link from Brownells. I’m going to do the same thing to both my MFT stocks.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-acce ... 40266.aspx
Scratch
Silent But Deadly

Post by Scratch »

Flatliner wrote:Superb idea!

Here is the link from Brownells. I’m going to do the same thing to both my MFT stocks.

https://www.brownells.com/shooting-acce ... 40266.aspx
I should mention that I had to weld on a nut to the bottom of one of the cups since it needed to be threaded, then I had to carve out a little bit of plastic from the stock as it now sat about 1/8 higher, so it was a little work, but the whole project took about 1/2 hour.