Form 1 Mag Light Questions

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

BulletFactory
Silent Operator

Re: Form 1 Mag Light Questions

Post by BulletFactory »

Thanks plantone, I was unaware of that. Yes, I was a little late for the new rules. Oh well.
BulletFactory
Silent Operator

Post by BulletFactory »

Just one more question.

J. Type of destructive device (check one box) Firearm Explosives.....

They think a suppressor is a firearm, even though it cannot chamber nor fire a round, and has no action nor barrel. Sp, do I check the firearm box? :roll:
remanaz

Post by remanaz »

I left J blank. They did not see a problem with that.
BulletFactory
Silent Operator

Post by BulletFactory »

Thanks
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

An just so you know. You cannot posses a single “silencer” part until you have the approved form in hand. You cannot make or posses a baffle, end cap or tube until approved. Each, individual part is viewed as a silencer even if no other parts are present. Also, you cannot have any spare parts.

Because it is a maglite tube I would not modify it until you are approved.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
remanaz

Post by remanaz »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:An just so you know. You cannot posses a single “silencer” part until you have the approved form in hand. You cannot make or posses a baffle, end cap or tube until approved. Each, individual part is viewed as a silencer even if no other parts are present. Also, you cannot have any spare parts.

You can not drill the baffles and endcap before you get your stamp. But you can own the undrilled parts as well as the tube and adapter. The baffles and endcap only become suppressor parts once drilled. The tube only becomes a suppressor part once assembled.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

you're delving into a grey area of the law known as constructive intent.

which can (not will, but can) lead you own a path that involves the legal fight for all future firearms ownership at the very least and could result in your imprisonment at the very worst. only you can decide if the risk is worth the fight and the possible consequences in your world.

if you end up tangling with a overzealous prosecutor you could end up in a very very very bad place over a few bucks of parts you probably should have just waited to order.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
BulletFactory
Silent Operator

Post by BulletFactory »

remanaz wrote:
Dolomite_Supafly wrote:An just so you know. You cannot posses a single “silencer” part until you have the approved form in hand. You cannot make or posses a baffle, end cap or tube until approved. Each, individual part is viewed as a silencer even if no other parts are present. Also, you cannot have any spare parts.

You can not drill the baffles and endcap before you get your stamp. But you can own the undrilled parts as well as the tube and adapter. The baffles and endcap only become suppressor parts once drilled. The tube only becomes a suppressor part once assembled.

Yessir. Thats what I did.
BulletFactory
Silent Operator

Post by BulletFactory »

plant.one wrote:you're delving into a grey area of the law known as constructive intent.

which can (not will, but can) lead you own a path that involves the legal fight for all future firearms ownership at the very least and could result in your imprisonment at the very worst. only you can decide if the risk is worth the fight and the possible consequences in your world.

if you end up tangling with a overzealous prosecutor you could end up in a very very very bad place over a few bucks of parts you probably should have just waited to order.

What about this idea? I would argue (if I had to), concerning Constructive Intent, that since I have filed the paperwork with the BATFE, and the local police chief, with photos, fingerprints, trust info, address etc..., that I was intending to follow the laws as written. People who just make a maglight can under the constitution or natural laws dont do that.
Boolit_Head
Silent But Deadly

Post by Boolit_Head »

They don't play games so there is no sense in trying to tip toe on the ragged edge. A felony is not worth playing with. Their version of constructive intent is what is applicable here until the stamps arrive. It's just not worth it.