Magnetospeed Sporter adapter for suppressor

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

mauidiver

Magnetospeed Sporter adapter for suppressor

Post by mauidiver »

Can I make the Sporter work on my SBR 11” barrel MK111 Mod2 (Primary Weapon System) 300 blackout and my 30cal Omega? I can get a like new one for $80 bucks. Any help would be appreciated as I’m new to the game here.
mauidiver

Re: Magnetospeed Sporter adapter for suppressor

Post by mauidiver »

The Sporter version chrono says it will not support a suppressor, only the V3 model does and I can’t spend that much money. But I could realistically shoot my loads unsupressed as the Sporter model should work?
mauidiver

Post by mauidiver »

Anyone!! Bump
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

you could collect your data without the suppressor, but you're correct - i'm not aware of an adapter that will let a sporter adapt to a mounting profile over 1".
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
mauidiver

Post by mauidiver »

I’m new to the subsonic world and didn’t know if running them without suppressor could mess anything up. Thanks sir
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

generally speaking - you dont want to do your load developement with the suppressor on anyway.

you want to ensure that your load is not only subsonic but stable before you screw your can on the front.

not worth ruining your day with a unstable bullet causing a baffle strike possibly destroying your can on you - especailly with the wait time it takes to get approval these days.

safety first.
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
mauidiver

Post by mauidiver »

Thank you very much. Just scored a like new one for $70 bucks :)
10ring1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 10ring1 »

I would tend to think if you are looking for accuracy, and no just a subsonic speed, then you would test with the supressor. When you change the weight of the muzzle for any reason, it will affect vibration, poi, etc
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

10ring1 wrote:I would tend to think if you are looking for accuracy, and no just a subsonic speed, then you would test with the supressor. When you change the weight of the muzzle for any reason, it will affect vibration, poi, etc
you're correct... final testing can and should be done with the can in place - however as noted, initial load development should be done with the can off until you know your projectile is stable at the speed range you're working in to help eliminate the risk of a baffle strike.

50 cents worth of copper and lead can do hundreds of dollars of damage - and a typical suppressor doesnt have a whole lot of clearance through the baffle stack and endcap vs the bore diameter. doesnt take a whole lot of wobble on an inch long (give or take) bullet to be off axis enough to possibly damage your suppressor.
mauidiver

Post by mauidiver »

I’m sold. Will follow up next week when I get a chance to try me out. Probably going to sell the Sporter since I got a great deal on it. &100 and it’s never been used. Ow I know why