Hunting load recomendations?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

USBP379
Silent But Deadly

Re: Hunting load recomendations?

Post by USBP379 »

rebel wrote:Acme 265 gr DS special...shoot good...Sub MOA good.
Got any load data you can share?
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

USBP379 wrote:
What powders do you have one hand.

It was designed to use IMR 4227. It was designed to give optimal case fill rates to enhance accuracy with IMR 4227 but it will work well with most powders used for subsonic 300 Blackout loads.

I would start at 9.5 grains of IMR 4227 at 2.10”-2.12” to start. Go up or down from there to get to your desired velocity. Then start adding .01” to the OAL until you find your “accurate” load for your rifle.

Even though they work with ARs they were designed for use in single shots. They are designed so you can add length to slowly engage th rifling. Theis helps center the bullet in the bore which helps accuracy.

They are more stable than a 200 SMK at the same velocity. They are stable in 7 and 8 twist barrels down to 800 fps, actually slower. They are also stable in 10 twist barrels faster than 1,100 fps but verify because all barrels are different. They can also be loaded supersonic, I have pushed them to 1,400 fps without pressure signs but work up slowly because all guns, powder, brass and conditions are different.

They are cast using 92-6-2 alloy that is mill certified. This ensures you get identical bullets every order. ACME prides himself on making quality bullets. He is meticulous with his maintenance and doesn’t wait for a problem before he does maintenance.

If you, or anyone, has ANY questions feel free to ask. I love talking about my bullet and what it is capable of.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I have shot these in my ARs following DS's recommendations and they work great. In a bolt or single shot they really shine. Determine touch to lands, load them there. I used N120. My chamber is different than yours so I won't bother with powder fill. There is enough info on this forum to determine that and I like when folks work up their own load for their rifle.
Try some and become a believer. They are devastating.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Bob the nailer
Silent But Deadly

Post by Bob the nailer »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:
USBP379 wrote:
What powders do you have one hand.

It was designed to use IMR 4227. It was designed to give optimal case fill rates to enhance accuracy with IMR 4227 but it will work well with most powders used for subsonic 300 Blackout loads.

I would start at 9.5 grains of IMR 4227 at 2.10”-2.12” to start. Go up or down from there to get to your desired velocity. Then start adding .01” to the OAL until you find your “accurate” load for your rifle.

Even though they work with ARs they were designed for use in single shots. They are designed so you can add length to slowly engage th rifling. Theis helps center the bullet in the bore which helps accuracy.

They are more stable than a 200 SMK at the same velocity. They are stable in 7 and 8 twist barrels down to 800 fps, actually slower. They are also stable in 10 twist barrels faster than 1,100 fps but verify because all barrels are different. They can also be loaded supersonic, I have pushed them to 1,400 fps without pressure signs but work up slowly because all guns, powder, brass and conditions are different.

They are cast using 92-6-2 alloy that is mill certified. This ensures you get identical bullets every order. ACME prides himself on making quality bullets. He is meticulous with his maintenance and doesn’t wait for a problem before he does maintenance.

If you, or anyone, has ANY questions feel free to ask. I love talking about my bullet and what it is capable of.

For "Quick Load" calculation purposes what would the B.C. of the 265gr DS special be at around 900 - 1000fps.
One ragged hole! The quest for accuracy continues...

Bob the nailer
NRA Life member
Varmint Hunters Assoc. Member
American Gunsmith Association
www.knowyourzero.com