accuracy with cz 527 or should i say lack of accuracy

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

farright

Re: accuracy with cz 527 or should i say lack of accuracy

Post by farright »

the fit and finish on mine is sub-par. I was looking at it this evening the barrel is not in the center of the stock and yes it rubs on the right side.. i will glass bed it and try again. shouldn't have to do that with a new rifle, especially a rifle that is supposed to be better than most factory rifles. i will post after I bed and try again. i shot 5 groups out of a 32-40 and the smallest was 1.1 inches and largest 1.3 inches. yes not what i wanted but the consistency tells me that maybe that is an accurate as that load will shoot. or maybe that is as good as i can shoot.
Steve Urquell
Silent But Deadly

Post by Steve Urquell »

Try folding a piece of paper and putting it between the forend and barrel to put a little upward pressure. Sometimes this can make a huge difference in groups on an ill fitting stock.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

rebel wrote:Image
Now we know you rested that on the muzzle and shot into the air. :lol:
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
farright

Post by farright »

cool dime question did you throw it up in the air and shoot it before it hit the ground?? did you put it on your target and shoot it and at what distance.? how many times did you shoot before you managed to hit it.?? all jokes aside I am going to do a couple things in the next few days make a chamber cast and check out the throat on the rifle if it need i can ream the throat to a nice 1.5 degrees throat to allow the bullet a smooth entry into the bore. then I am going to bed the stock. then check the muzzle crown just to make sure it is not damaged, ( as it is a new rifle I don't think this is likely)
the main reason I wanted this rifle is that that nice Mauser action is just so cool. a shrunken Mauser.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

viewtopic.php?f=128&t=101488
There you go farright. I had this thing sighted for subs, took some loads meant for my ARs, shot a few to get the scope on. Fired two, nailed the third. There is a couple of nice dime earrings in this thread :mrgreen:

I'm guessing your rifle has a stock issue. I found my action screws to be not so tight.Torqued them to 40 ip. Mine is completely floated so no trouble there. I can run 125 FN 30/30 bullets in this rifle with zero feed issues. Did it require some break in? Yes.
Try a bit of whitening toothpaste on the top of the magazine, run the bolt about 200 times and clean it off.
As far as finish complaints - I knew it was a synthetic stock and also knew it wasn't an HS precision or Manners so I got what was expected. I have seen far worse. The blueing is perfect.

My only issue has been how to use the euro ass backwards safety :lol:
I think you should take dellets advice - spend $15 and run some Remington UMC supers through it before doing anything. It's a known MOA round. Then assess possible problems. That takes your loads out of the equation.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
farright

Post by farright »

i tapped a lead slug and made a nice cast of the throat and learned a lot. I am going to pretend some shooters don't know how to make a slug like this.. melt a fired case full of lead, shorten case a bit put into chamber close bolt, put the lead wire down the barrel and tap it to make an image of the throat.
now what I found the rifle has a nice smooth throat, however just past the case mouth there is a 90 degree i am going to call it a ledge for want of a better word. this will damage the bullet before it enters the barrel. i own a 1.5-degree throat reamer and will be reaming it just a bit in the next few days. i think i will ream than shoot before doing anything else just to see if it makes me a difference and if it does how much.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

A lot of guns have that ledge. You can cut the cases a bit long to minimize any problem that ledge causes. It generally leaves behind a lead ring.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

That step is the transition from neck diameter to bullet diameter. Easier to see on a reamer print. That angle is defined on the SAAMI print.

300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
farright

Post by farright »

yes, you are correct that shows the correct chamber spec. except for the chamber on my rifle is not sloped like it is in your drawing. it is straight sharp without a gentle slope. i made the chamber cast to see if it was correct or not and i assure it is not like your drawing at all. the drawing shows what it is supposed to be not what it is. i have found throat on a couple rifles that were like mine. an example is the savage 340 series of 30-30 rifles they never will be a target rifle the stock bedding makes that a fact. but in one of mine, a simple throater made the rifle go from 3.5 inches to a consistent 2 inch or better. The throat on this rifle is the reason they make throat reamers. I will also add that it only takes a little bit to clean the throat up, that is unless you want to seat the bullet way way out there.