accuracy with cz 527 or should i say lack of accuracy

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

farright

accuracy with cz 527 or should i say lack of accuracy

Post by farright »

I have been shooting and reloading for over 50 years, and have never had a rifle that shot as bad as this one. now I know most CZ rifles are superbly accurate, but I fear I have a true lemon. my best group has been 1.5 inches not bad at all... but I have never been even close to duplicating that. I have tried bullets between 110 and 200 gr. half a dozen different powders, 2 different scopes. my average group is around 3 inches at 100 yards bench rest. I have fired over 25 5 shot groups and I think the one group of 1.5 inches is a true fluke. and just so I won't get accused of not knowing how to shoot I did come in 2nd in 5 shot group at cast bullet military rifle nationals one year. I am going to clean it and allow it to sit in the back of my safe and become a safe queen.
riude

Re: accuracy with cz 527 or should i say lack of accuracy

Post by riude »

subs or super?
excess650
Silent But Deadly

Post by excess650 »

That is a little discouraging to hear. I bought mine (7.62x39) several years back and its more accurate than anyone should expect of the chambering in a flyweight rifle, and with cast bullets at full throttle to boot!
Black Rifles Matter
riude

Post by riude »

I guess I should not say, but you have better caliber (except bullet selection) for bolt action than 300blk.
With my knowledge today, I would rather rebarrel 7,62x39 with .308 barrel instead of .300blk. Wouldn´t loose anything (except factory ammo), but get more power if needed.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

Knowing your bullet and powder combinations could be helpful. There a a lot of combinations that just don’t work.

Honestly it’s almost impossible to get groups as bad as you’re describing with a jacketed flat base bullet 110-125 grains, 22-2250 fps in a 16” barrel, with the proper powder.

A 125 SST over 18-18.5 grains of 296/H110 is probably one of the easiest and most common MOA loads used by many people.

The other option would be the cheap UMC supers. Give them a try just to see.

No doubt the cartridge has some quirks and a lot of very experienced people have been frustrated with it until they tweaked there thinking just a bit.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

For subs give these a try. They are accurate in most guns. I know they feed and shoot extremely well in other 300 Blackout CZ’s.

http://www.acmebullet.com/bullets-reloa ... /Black-Out
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
farright

Post by farright »

i bought the rifle with the idea of purchasing a suppressor and shooting subsonic loads. i have tried bout sub and super but none have been accurate. and yes i know that there are many more accurate rounds. i have an m-95 Mauser in 7.62x39 that just loves the nei number 72 bullet and will shoot under an inch when i do my part. It was my thought that the black out would be the best choice for the subsonic loads i wanted to shoot.
etmci

Post by etmci »

Lack of accuracy didn't come with mine. I'd try another scope and maybe bed the action before delegating it to the rear of the gun safe. There has to be something that is having effects on the accuracy. Maybe consider contacting CZ and see if they can examine the rifle. My 2 cents worth.
PA452

Post by PA452 »

I've had mine since November. I've only used 175gr SMKs loaded subsonic, but I've had some very nice groups with it.

Here's the only picture I have. It's only at 30 yards, but it's a five shot group. I've had half-inch groups at 100 yards.

Mike7.62
Silent But Deadly

Post by Mike7.62 »

The only thing good about mine IS the accuracy. Other than that, the feeding, fit, and finish are sub par for CZ. I'm looking at a Remington Model 7 very hard.