Ruger American Ranch 300BLK - Magazine options?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

tallburnedmidget
Silent But Deadly

Re: Ruger American Ranch 300BLK - Magazine options?

Post by tallburnedmidget »

I did a Savage Axis conversion to 300BLK and got an aftermarket 10rnd Snyder mag after I messed up the factory mag. See all the details here they were top notch.

viewtopic.php?t=91613#p871101

The only other thing I have seen is someone converting a Mossberg MVP/Scout/whatever to 300BLK. Mossberg has yet to come out with a 300BLK in that configuration, it has all been vaporware promises from them.

I converted the Savage Axis myself with no experience before hand. Savage 300BLK barrels are/were more readily available and the toolset for conversion was simpler. Any other non-Savage conversion would probably involve true gunsmithing/machine shop work on a barrel that would need to be created/tweaked to work on another brand of bolt rifle.

I did a little homework years ago to do my conversion and going the Savage route was the only practical and cost effective way I could find. Things may be a little different now but I'm skeptical as you really don't see the barrel offerings for such types of conversions.

Hope this helps some :)
F224
Senior Silent Operator

Post by F224 »

TMD wrote:
F224 wrote:MDT is planning on adding its LSS Stock offerings to include the RARR. If that happens, you will be able to run ten round ASI mags like all of their other stock/action options do.
And cost more than the rifle does.
So do the scopes on several of my rifles...quality is not cheap. The RARR is an interesting value for the money. If you look at just the barreled action, my guess is that 75-80% of the production cost of the rifle is in those components.
Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

In the future I bet there will be 10r mags for the RAR. They are selling tons of them. Eventually someone will come out with a 10 rounder.

R
Munga

Post by Munga »

better late than never.... try lucky13 Australia hope this helps anyone still looking
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
Henry Porter

Post by Henry Porter »

Don’t look now but Ruger may have just solved this problem. I don’t know when they did this, but their site now shows two new RAR models - one in 5.56 and the other in .300blk. Both take AR magazines! Didn’t see that one coming, but it seems like hardly a week goes by when they are not introducing something new.
2manyToys
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manyToys »

Henry Porter wrote:Don’t look now but Ruger may have just solved this problem. I don’t know when they did this, but their site now shows two new RAR models - one in 5.56 and the other in .300blk. Both take AR magazines! Didn’t see that one coming, but it seems like hardly a week goes by when they are not introducing something new.
Woohoo! (Model Number 26968) I wonder if there's a path to convert the rotary mag version to the AR magazine.
DutchV
Silent But Deadly

Post by DutchV »

2manyToys wrote:
Henry Porter wrote:Don’t look now but Ruger may have just solved this problem. I don’t know when they did this, but their site now shows two new RAR models - one in 5.56 and the other in .300blk. Both take AR magazines! Didn’t see that one coming, but it seems like hardly a week goes by when they are not introducing something new.
Woohoo! (Model Number 26968) I wonder if there's a path to convert the rotary mag version to the AR magazine.
I assume that you could just swap the stocks, if you can find one of the newer ones for sale. Ruger has a couple listed; not sure if they'll make these generally available or not. Might be worth calling them about it if you're really interested.

Personally, if I'm buying a new stock, it'll be the Magpul.
Making the bad man go away since 1982.
2manyToys
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2manyToys »

DutchV wrote:
2manyToys wrote:
I assume that you could just swap the stocks, if you can find one of the newer ones for sale. Ruger has a couple listed; not sure if they'll make these generally available or not. Might be worth calling them about it if you're really interested.

Personally, if I'm buying a new stock, it'll be the Magpul.
I think it would be more than just a stock swap. The mag well and release likely have some unique hardware, I would guess.
ironhead7544

Post by ironhead7544 »

I have the Lucky 13 magazine, 10 shot. Works perfectly and is very well made. Expensive, but a lot better than a rifle that does not feed.

I am very happy with it!