SilencerCo

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

JurassicJarhead

SilencerCo

Post by JurassicJarhead »

Gentlemen/Ladies,
For those of you "on the fence" regarding purchasing an Omega or other suppressor from SilencerCo, I would like to relay my recent experience with their product and warranty policy.
A few weeks ago, I managed to launch my Omega about 50 yards down range. Most of that distance was sliding down the concrete floor. Upon recovery, I found that, for the most part, the damage was mostly cosmetic. But, it appeared the locking ring was slightly bent and there was a baffle that had been clipped pretty good. I availed myself of their policy to warranty "stupid, once" (as there was no doubt in my mind that this was a "stupid"). I contacted them, relayed my story, indicated that I would be satisfied with an inspection for "integrity of the device" and would be willing to accept their decision as to the outcome.
Two weeks later, I am now in possession of what is essentially a new suppressor. Everything except the tube has been replaced.
I cannot recommended them highly enough. They produce a high quality product and obviously stand behind it no matter what.
I strongly suggest that you give their products a look and get "off the fence" especially in light of the "HPA" being a year or two before it is passed (if at all).
rb288
Senior Silent Operator

Re: SilencerCo

Post by rb288 »

I have 6 suppressors, all of them Silencerco.
3 more are in the pipeline.
There is a good reason that I buy only Silencerco.
Just as you experienced, I have had 3 completely replaced, with no questions asked, for problems that were, most definitely, "user error".
A great company, great service, and to my ear, a great lineup of suppressors.
I may have been on the losing side, but, I'm not convinced it was the wrong side.
nate89

Post by nate89 »

A can is most definatly an investment, as the cost and difficulty of transferring to another person is simply not worth it. When it comes down to it, you are investing in the company and their willingness to back the product up more than anything, and going with SiCo is a great option! We have been dealers for them for some time, and have always been taken care of, and our customers have been as well.
JeffWard
Silent But Deadly

Post by JeffWard »

I had a baffle strike, midway down the stack in an Omega, with a full-power 175gr 308 SMK.

The can did what it was designed to do. It jettisoned the last half of the baffle stack out the front of the tube, and sent the stack and end-cap down range into the berm. I recovered the stack and end-cap, boxed them up as instructed and returned the whole thing to SiCo. I got back my tube with a complete reworded baffle stack, just like new. New cerakote, new end-cap, everything.

They called it a baffle weld error. I'm pretty sure I had it cross-threaded, and misaligned.

It came back in 5 business days...

I now own my original Omega, an Octane, and I have a SECOND Omega about to be released any day (within the next 15 days)... I'm a customer for life.

JeffWard
Guns are tools designed for dirty work both competitive and defensive. If I meet someone with a well worn gun, I hope their barrel is pointed the same direction as mine if the lead starts flying...
MisterHelix
Silent Operator

Post by MisterHelix »

My experiences with Silencerco have been excellent as well.

After failing to clean my Octane9HD after twice the recommended interval, and damaging a baffle while trying to get the baffle stack out with excessive force, Silencerco repaired and replaced parts and the can came back to me in short order looking like new.

Actually, I think everything but the exterior tube may have, in fact, been new.

Just outstanding service.

I own four SiCo cans (SparrowSS, Octane9HD, Specwar762, and Omega9k. If/When I but another can, I'll be buying another Silencerco.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

Just to echo a similar story, my omega has taken a trip down range before as well. With a 5 day turnaround I had an internally brand new can. Silencerco is good people.
wscrst

Post by wscrst »

Silencerco was very responsive to me even for basic questions stemming from my inexperience.
DICKERA

Post by DICKERA »

Makes me happy to see all these great comments about SiCo. I have a Saker 7.62 waiting to be released. Was a little nervous being it is my first suppressor and the cost associated with it, but seeing this gives me confidence that I will also enjoy SiCo.
jmcsec

Post by jmcsec »

Sent my Saker 7.62 down range due to my laziness in attaching the can before shooting. Baffle strike and blown end cap. Called customer service and ‘fessed up to my stupidity. One week turnaround to essentially a brand new can, no charge. Amazing customer service.
NeVs24

Post by NeVs24 »

Great to hear a unanimous agreement to their customer service! Typically I'd expect to hear at least 5 negatives for every positive comment.

I am thoroughly pleased and enjoying my SiCo Hybrid on 300 blk, 223, 6.5 creedmoor and 300 win mag.