300blk subsonic loads

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

300lefty

300blk subsonic loads

Post by 300lefty »

Hey guys , I am looking for recommendations for subsonic loads and projectiles for my ruger 300blk , it was originally. 233 but since I can't get a 300blk in left handed here in new zealand I had to kinda make my own , it now has a 416 ss barrel 1:7 , I've trialed a couple different ammo' s, freedomuntions and hush (hollow point) subsonic loads , 208gn and 220gn (hornady eld-m) but I'm not having much luck with consistent groups , I want to hand load but want a good projectile and load to start with , any help with be much appreciated.
https://t.me/pump_upp
Scirroco

Re: 300blk subsonic loads

Post by Scirroco »

Hi
Do a search for Tikkablk,hez one of your fellow countrymen Using a blackout to good effect some info in some of his post and a great read of him and his dog hunting,sorry i caNt help more S im new to blackout also
Rgds steve
300lefty

Post by 300lefty »

Thanks Steve.
riude

Post by riude »

Do you have H&N coated lead bullets available there?
So far in my tests, their 165gr RN or FN have been superior, when talking about consistent accuracy.
I load them with VV n340 whitch again is superior, compared to VV N110 or 120.
Moa at 100 meters, continuously.

As you have have bolt lock, heavy bullets and slow powders are not needed for recycling.
I haven´t got any decent groups with such components.
plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Post by plant.one »

if you can handload, the 208gr ELD-M is a great bullet for subs and can be loaded very accurately. you just have to take the time to do it right :)

go take a look at our 200 yd subsonic challenge thread

viewtopic.php?f=128&t=98191

you can also browse the Load Catalog for more information too - TONS and TONS of loads there

viewtopic.php?f=141&t=81567

are you just looking for a paper puncher load? or something to hunt with?

knowing your goals will help us help you pick a bullet and load easier :)
Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/pr ... ctId/75825

If you give these a try I will gladly help you figure out an accurate load for your rifle.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
300lefty

Post by 300lefty »

plant.one wrote:if you can handload, the 208gr ELD-M is a great bullet for subs and can be loaded very accurately. you just have to take the time to do it right :)

you can also browse the Load Catalog for more information too - TONS and TONS of loads there

Yes I have a few 208 eld-m's , I am wanting to use this for hunting so I'm wondering how well will they expand of any at subsonic velocity?
300lefty

Post by 300lefty »

I think the limited selection of projectiles is a let down , I just can't justify the leheigh projectiles and $3 NZD here and then I've got powder and primers on top of that
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

300lefty wrote:
plant.one wrote:if you can handload, the 208gr ELD-M is a great bullet for subs and can be loaded very accurately. you just have to take the time to do it right :)

Yes I have a few 208 eld-m's , I am wanting to use this for hunting so I'm wondering how well will they expand of any at subsonic velocity?

The Hornady 208 eld-m's will NOT expand at subsonic velocities. Any of the heavy grain bullets from the major manufactures are not designed for expansion at subsonic velocities. You either need one of the custom or slightly custom bullets, or make your own.
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
ozleux
Silent But Deadly

Post by ozleux »

I've heard of a company called Aussie Copper Projectiles.
Don't know anything about them, but they do list some expanding subsonic bullets on their website. They may be a bit easier to get in your area.

Cheers
Malinois, it's French for "Don't get one"