Has anyone tried these loads?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

jeremy_p

Has anyone tried these loads?

Post by jeremy_p »

I've been looking for info on the PPU 125gr BTHP and the S&B 125gr HP, as in information on the projectiles themselves and just performance of the loads. Has anyone tried them at all?
Sig220
Silent But Deadly

Re: Has anyone tried these loads?

Post by Sig220 »

jeremy_p wrote:I've been looking for info on the PPU 125gr BTHP and the S&B 125gr HP, as in information on the projectiles themselves and just performance of the loads. Has anyone tried them at all?

First off....welcome to the forum!

Hated to see your post sit in solitude...I have NO information o the PPU or S&B loaded ammo. In my time with 300BO, I have only purchased 3 boxes of facotry ammo (Remington 120gr. OTFB) and still have over 2 boxes on the shelf! I load all the ammo I shoot these days! If you find the information you seek, post it. I am sure readers will appreciate the data!
DustinS

Re: Has anyone tried these loads?

Post by DustinS »

I've shot one (1) box of the S&B 124 gr, it is FMJ (unless they came out with a HP that I haven't seen or heard of). For a cheap range ammo, I would call it good to go. I did not do any accuracy testing, I just did a function test. If I get more boxes of it I'll be happy to conduct better testing for velocity and accuracy.