Smart F'ing Finns

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Smart F'ing Finns

Post by Guest762 »

So I bought a tikka ctr and it shot pretty well(1 moa as advertised) but I was hesitant to load to the lands because I wanted to use it for hunting. Well while I was doing some reading I saw that the ctr has a magazine that will take 3" long shells. It just happens that when you take a long range bullet in 308 and load it to the lands(in their rifle) it ends up being just short of 3 ". Hmmmmm I'm thinking that's not just a coincidence. I don't know if they're smarter than everyone but they did seem to take the time to think it through. Went from 1 moa to a solid 1/2 moa gun and I just started playing at that length so I'm sure it can get better.
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Re: Smart F'ing Finns

Post by smustian »

Recently saw/read something about finding length to the lands then back off in .003 increments to find an accuracy node. Sounds like that is what you are doing. Limitations to that would be mag length but you have that covered.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

Here are the results that will feed from the mags.
.555 - .308 = .247 5 shots@100m
thisguysguns
Silent But Deadly

Post by thisguysguns »

Guest762 wrote:Image

Here are the results that will feed from the mags.
.555 - .308 = .247 5 shots@100m
Oh man! It looks like you missed 4 shots! Better go back to the drawing board.
:lol:
$1.35 a day... Best job I ever had.
Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Post by Walkers Bay »

The Europeans make nice firearms.
The Tikka is a Sako made to a price point and unlike Freedom Group it wasn't quality that that was lost to make the compromise.
Factory adjustable trigger, box mag and reasonably good stock, match it with a suppressor and its no wonder they are one of the most popular new rifles sold in NZ

As for the magazine I think the long and short action magazines are the same except the short action has a block in the back and shortened carrier plate. Pull a mag from a 270 next time your at the gun shop and check
tfbit
Silent But Deadly

Post by tfbit »

You're in Arkansas and you shoot at 100 METERS?
No matter what you read on the intarweb CCI450s and CCI41s ARE NOT BALLISTICALLY IDENTICAL with H110! I'm also not a intarweb lawyer so I don't argue with anyone who is.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

Walkers Bay wrote:The Europeans make nice firearms.
The Tikka is a Sako made to a price point and unlike Freedom Group it wasn't quality that that was lost to make the compromise.
Factory adjustable trigger, box mag and reasonably good stock, match it with a suppressor and its no wonder they are one of the most popular new rifles sold in NZ

As for the magazine I think the long and short action magazines are the same except the short action has a block in the back and shortened carrier plate. Pull a mag from a 270 next time your at the gun shop and check
I did check one of the magazines on a different tikka rifle and it was 2 3/4. As far as I can tell only the ten round mag are 3" long in a short action gun. Don't know why the don't make then all in the longer length. I see people shooting long range competitions having to single feed and that is on 6000 dollar and up guns.
Guest762
Silent But Deadly

Post by Guest762 »

tfbit wrote:You're in Arkansas and you shoot at 100 METERS?
Yes but it's just warm up for a 200m chip shot.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Tikka triggers are the best factory trigger out there IMO and the easiest to adjust. You'd have to be really special to screw it up. I recently ordered a YoDave Tikka lightened mainspring and it took me all of 10 minutes from in the stock to back in the stock. It's below a pound, not a Jewel target on a 700 action, but a safe, light trigger that serves both for target and hunting.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
RAINS
Silent But Deadly

Post by RAINS »

Yes the Fins are special when it comes to firearms. Google "The Winter War".

R