300blk Getting more popular, even the media is mentioning it.

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

gds
Silent But Deadly

300blk Getting more popular, even the media is mentioning it.

Post by gds »

Season 1 episode 11 of the TV show Designated Survivor. Interesting premise of a show.

Anyways, new President Tom Kirkman, (Kiefer Sutherland) assassination attempt. He is hit and of course rushed to hospital. Doctors in operating room looking at exit wound, we won't discuss the practicality of determining caliber by looking at exit wound, it is a TV show.

Doctor states: "right there, could be a .30 caliber or "BLACKOUT" maybe even a 5.56"

To my knowledge I have not heard or seen a movie or TV show mention a grendel or an SPCII.

Just saying. 8) :lol: :mrgreen:
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: 300blk Getting more popular, even the media is mentioning it.

Post by dellet »

300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
g22rmr
Silent But Deadly

Post by g22rmr »

Very Fake News!
smustian
Silent But Deadly

Post by smustian »

I saw that too gds. I giggled when he said it. If it had been a "Blackout" that shot him from 400 yards, he would have been thrown back 15 feet, convulsing the entire way. No way he could have survived either. Everyone knows that the bullet would have ricocheted around the chest cavity at least 5 times turning everything into mush before exiting the body and burying 6" into a concrete wall. Movies and TV show writers really should do some research before writing the scripts. Guess I will contact the TV people and get on as a consultant.
gds
Silent But Deadly

Post by gds »

:lol:

It was hilarious, the look form the sniper looked 400 plus yards, the view from the FBI agent was substantially less then 400 yards.

technically speaking it was a complete fail of a scene, but just the doctor mentioning the blackout is what peaked my interest.

technically they could have had it right. if the assassin had been using 220smks then t would have drilled straight thru, but then the whole bullet fragments near the aorta story line completely discounts that. now maybe it was some super duper special fragmenting hollow point, that only the government and spies has.

There is more than one reason my wife and kids hate watching any tv show or movie with gunplay in it with me. :mrgreen:
Yes, I am a Baptist, and yes I carry a gun. You might think I carry a gun because I don't trust God. Well you would be wrong. I have complete faith in my Lord. It is mankind I have no trust in
Ghmann
Silent Operator

Post by Ghmann »

Crap, I missed that episode. I better check my DVR again.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

This is proof that it's just a boutique round. R.Silvers spent a million dollars for product placement in a TV show for crying out loud.
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

L1A1Rocker wrote:This is proof that it's just a boutique round. R.Silvers spent a million dollars for product placement in a TV show for crying out loud.

Who's R. Silvers?
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

300black wrote:
L1A1Rocker wrote:This is proof that it's just a boutique round. R.Silvers spent a million dollars for product placement in a TV show for crying out loud.

Who's R. Silvers?
Thats right there is funny, I don't care who you are.

He's a world famous bike rider that used to come around here and and tell people how this cartridge works. He doesn't post much any more, but those who have been around awhile miss his presence and appreciate all the help he was in the past.

search.php?keywords=r.+silvers&terms=al ... mit=Search
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
L1A1Rocker
Silent But Deadly

Post by L1A1Rocker »

300black wrote:

Who's R. Silvers?
Robert Silvers was the person AAC tasked with developing the 300blk. He is also the head honcho of this forum. During the early days of the cartridge, and this forum, there were numerous arguments started by the 6.8 guys about how horrible the 300blk is. There were also accusations of a million dollar ad campaign that paid famous people to use the cartridge because no sane person would use it.

For fun here's an old thread: viewtopic.php?f=128&t=77501&hilit=boutique+round

Here's an even better thread with more BS running down the cartridge: viewtopic.php?f=128&t=83886&hilit=boutique+round