RARR subs

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

RARR subs

Post by TRshootem »

Finally finished a 5 month long remodel....a trip to the range on the East slope of the Continental Divide(5330 ft). Wind chill brought the temp near zero, but a man has to shoot.

So, I tried a new to me bullet:

155 gr .30 cal Missouri coated
4.0 grains of TiteGroup
All usual case prep, belling for the coated bullet etc.
RARR, suppressed with Elite Iron Bravo 1

A father /son were witnessing, so I allowed them to shoot a few...new converts :)

They also shot my 5.56 RARR:

55 grain SP(pulls)
3.1 gr TiteGroup
stupid quiet....Hodgdon Data

Happy Shootin
gunguy
Senior Silent Operator

Re: RARR subs

Post by gunguy »

I really thinking about getting a rarr in 5.56, how do you like it? Any regrets?
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER
TRshootem
Silent But Deadly

Post by TRshootem »

No regrets, I really like these little rifles. The magazines are less than perfect, but I don't really have issues to speak of. My AR's are great, but I have always been a bolt gun guy. I apparently bought two good ones, zero firing pin light strike issues and pretty darn awesome accuracy.

My 5.56 has taken coyotes with 60 gr Vmax, ground squirrels with 50 Vmax and steel plates at 500 plus with 75 gr Hornady Match. I would advise using a sand paper wrapped dowel to open up the barrel channel to prevent the barrel contacting the forearm. This was done on both to the degree than with some forward pressure on a bipod, the stock did not interfere. I may yet stiffen the forearm with some epoxy in the channel. It just has not been a big deal. Bottom line: very accurate rifle with adjustable trigger :)
gunguy
Senior Silent Operator

Post by gunguy »

Thanks that's the info I was looking for, I also got lucky with my rarr 300blk. Mine has never had any issues, it's very accurate.
AAC Cyclone-BRANDED FOR LIFE MEMBER