What's the best 300 Blackout Bolt-Action Rifle and what's the best value priced 300 Blackout Bolt-Action Rifle?

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

300black
Silent Operator

What's the best 300 Blackout Bolt-Action Rifle and what's the best value priced 300 Blackout Bolt-Action Rifle?

Post by 300black »

Looking at getting a 300 Blackout bolt-action rifle. I was looking at the Ruger American Ranch Rifle but it appears to have a lot of problems with it. I don't want to get a rifle with issues. So, the question is:

Are there any new 300 Blackout bolt-actions that might be out by this summer?
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Re: What's the best 300 Blackout Bolt-Action Rifle and what's the best value priced 300 Blackout Bolt-Action Rifle?

Post by dellet »

Ask again in a week.

SHOT is this week and I would bet there are a few new things announced.

CZ has one coming out that will probably be a good value. Kimber makes one that I have not heard anything about yet.

A lot of people have re barreled or accurized many different actions with very good results. Mostly depends on your budget and how fast you want something.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Re: What's the best 300 Blackout Bolt-Action Rifle and what's the best value priced 300 Blackout Bolt-Action Rifle?

Post by TMD »

300black wrote:Looking at getting a 300 Blackout bolt-action rifle. I was looking at the Ruger American Ranch Rifle but it appears to have a lot of problems with it. I don't want to get a rifle with issues. So, the question is:

Are there any new 300 Blackout bolt-actions that might be out by this summer?
Most the Ruger problems are ammo related not gun related but non the less its the only value priced .300bo bolt gun out there for now. Only other options I know of are Remingtons 700 SPS and Micro 7, Kimber, and the soon to be released CZ. Every one is almost double or more in cost compared to the Ruger.
Max713
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Max713 »

Love my RARR... Quite accurate, very light. One of my very favorite rifles.

A-Game
Silent But Deadly

Post by A-Game »

The best rifle would be the one you have built by a precision rifle maker.

I am friends with a few individuals who can perform such work for you.

I think the answer to your question depends on what you find important in a rifle.
A manufacturer may have strengths in those areas where another one does not.
I personally like a magazine fed rifle because I want to shoot more than 4-5 rounds.
Aics mags allow you freedom in bullet length if you reload. GI mags will limit you to AR-15 lengths.
Are you looking for a basic rifle, a blue printed rifle with a custom stock, or a rifle going in an aluminum chasis?
I don't think you need to pay over 2K for any rifle you choose. That can give you a very high quality rifle.
Some people hate Remington but they are like Glocks. You can find almost any aftermarket part for them that you want easily.
Industry Pro Staff for Dynamic Research Technologies When One Shot is All You Get www.drtammo.com https://www.facebook.com/drtammo/
Join the Revolution http://youtube.com/watch?v=3_Xnx3BFuLk
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

A-Game wrote:The best rifle would be the one you have built by a precision rifle maker.

I think the answer to your question depends on what you find important in a rifle.
I personally like a magazine fed rifle because I want to shoot more than 4-5 rounds.
Aics mags allow you freedom in bullet length if you reload. GI mags will limit you to AR-15 lengths.
Are you looking for a basic rifle, a blue printed rifle with a custom stock, or a rifle going in an aluminum chasis?
I don't think you need to pay over 2K for any rifle you choose. That can give you a very high quality rifle.
Some people hate Remington but they are like Glocks. You can find almost any aftermarket part for them that you want easily.

Just a plain bolt action. Something like the RARR but less problematic. I actually don't like magazines in a bolt action. It's just something to get lost. I like a regular bolt action with a floorplate.

And I wanted to see what the best one also was. If it uses magazines that's ok.
jwb47
Silent But Deadly

Post by jwb47 »

Im pretty happy with my remington 700 . I suppose I got lucky and have had no issues other than the cheesy stocks they come with .
If I didnt already own the remington I would be looking hard at the cz offering . My stepson has one in 7.62x39 and it is alot of rifle for the money.
300black
Silent Operator

Post by 300black »

jwb47 wrote:Im pretty happy with my remington 700 . I suppose I got lucky and have had no issues other than the cheesy stocks they come with .
If I didnt already own the remington I would be looking hard at the cz offering . My stepson has one in 7.62x39 and it is alot of rifle for the money.

I looked but didn't see any info on the to be released CZ.
2bad4u2
Silent But Deadly

Post by 2bad4u2 »

I have (2) custom bolt rifles. One built on a 700 and the other a Howa 1500. To get reliable feeding on the 700 (though not with all bullets), I had to swap out the .223 Rem. magazine/follower for a .17 Rem Fireball unit.

I've never had an issue with the Howa and it'll feed anything I put into it. I loaded 110gr. FMJ-RN and 220gr. RN bullets in the same mag, alternating one then the other and it performed flawlessly.

IMHO, if you want reliable feeding with a wide range of bullet profiles the Howa may be your answer. They don't offer 300 Blackout as a factory option though.

I think the upcoming CZ introduction is an interesting option and likely well worth the money. I'll own one in 7.62x39mm one day.
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

300black wrote:
A-Game wrote:The best rifle would be the one you have built by a precision rifle maker.

Just a plain bolt action. Something like the RARR but less problematic. I actually don't like magazines in a bolt action. It's just something to get lost. I like a regular bolt action with a floorplate.

And I wanted to see what the best one also was. If it uses magazines that's ok.
Seems you keep asking which bolt gun is value priced but ignore what people are saying. The Ruger is the only value priced one. The rest of the factory guns priced start at almost double the Ruger