Not very happy with Remington

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

GTO Kroh
Senior Silent Operator

Not very happy with Remington

Post by GTO Kroh »

So I get my 700 back from Remington today. I sent it in to have the marked 1:7 but actually 1:10 barrel to be replaced and get the correct barrel. What do I get? A barrel not marked with a twist rate but its still 1:10.

Unfreakinbelivable Nothing like sending it in to just have a stamping removed...

and they sent me a whole new action with new serial # not just re barreling mine.

and my youtube video...
https://youtu.be/33IKUhEVejM

I am not sure but do we have a way to imbed videos here?
Boolit_Head
Silent But Deadly

Re: Not very happy with Remington

Post by Boolit_Head »

Yeah after they bought Para I sent one of my 1911's in to get some issues fixed. It came back and the hammer would drop with the safety on. I guess they don't even do a rudimentary check on things.
tikkablk
Senior Silent Operator

Post by tikkablk »

I would be furious if that happened to me, that's some poor customer service. Third time lucky with a 1:7 twist barrel?
GTO Kroh
Senior Silent Operator

Post by GTO Kroh »

tikkablk wrote:I would be furious if that happened to me, that's some poor customer service. Third time lucky with a 1:7 twist barrel?
Let's hope. I'm definitely not happy at all.
SwampDog_13
Silent But Deadly

Post by SwampDog_13 »

Wow, hard to believe they could screw the pooch that bad.
cwlongshot
Silent But Deadly

Post by cwlongshot »

SUX man, sorry to hear.

HOPE they make it right quickly. I swore off Remington. Rather NEW Remington, as I would buy old stuff no problem. SAME with Marlin, I would not take one as a gift! (Well yes I would, but I would sell & buy a quality product.) This was harder for me as I have a few Remingtons but I have DOZENS of old Marlins and love there levers. At least I USED TO love there levers. As a boy starting deer hunting I was enamored with my Cousins 35 Rem. I shot it at about 13 and new that was gonna be a gun I had to have! Well I have three versions now and they are great. I bought my brothers boy one for his 16th. That was 6-7 years ago. NOTHING BUT problems!! NEVER AGAIN!

Good luck, good video, I would not have been as constrained.

CW
A Bolt, Single Shot and a few M$Rs

Join me on RUMBLE! Https://rumble.com/user/cwlongshot

https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

I PROUDLY SUPPORT LAW ENFORCEMENT & OUR TROOPS
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

Makes you wonder how many of the baffle strikes are being caused by this. You cannot be the only one to have this happen.

This is class action lawsuit crap right there.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

My question would be about the transfer.

I believe that they actually performed it illegally. My own experience with a warranty that required the serialized portion to be replaced, required a new 4473.

The next question would be if the caliber is marked. The receiver is not marked on the 700's. Did they have that still on the barrel?

Then depending on your state laws, they might have violated other transfer laws.

Basically this could well be more of a felony than a clerical error. It would be an interesting conversation to drop some legal questions into when you talk to them about this.
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

The manufacturer can replace the firearm with a completely different one WITHOUT the need to go through a FFL> I have had several guns replaced and they always sent it directly to me even though they had different serial numbers.

Some manufacturers, like Ruger, require you to receive it from an FFL but it is not required by law.
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
Jcm800
Senior Silent Operator

Post by Jcm800 »

Hard to believe they would send out another 1-10.....guess anythings possible

It's easy to visually tell a 1-7 from a 1-10 twist especially if you have a 1-7 5.56 to compare it to.....1-7 looks like screw threads

I measure the distance for 1 complete revolution from a set point,......say the back of receiver
Using a tight patch I start at muzzle and draw back enough to get patch started then make a mark at top of cleaning rod at set point
slowly draw rod back until mark is at top of rod. Measure between the 2 points.

If patch is slipping at all you will get bogus numbers. Hate to see you send back the rifle for nothing.