Sandy hook lawsuit against bushmaster/remington tossed out of court

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade, bamachem

plant.one
Silent But Deadly

Sandy hook lawsuit against bushmaster/remington tossed out of court

Post by plant.one »

Reloading info shared is based on experiences w/ my guns. Be safe and work up your loads from published data. Web data may not be accurate/safe.
This disclaimer will self destruct in 10 seconds.
g22rmr
Silent But Deadly

Re: Sandy hook lawsuit against bushmaster/remington tossed out of court

Post by g22rmr »

the only winners here are the Lawyers, everyone else loses.

"Riverview Sales where Adam Lanza’s mother bought the assault rifle. "

Thanks misleading media, at the time of the purchase it was legal and outside of CT's Assault weapons ban. But that doesn't help the agenda.
Interestingly enough that store is where I took my concealed carry course.
10ring1
Silent But Deadly

Post by 10ring1 »

Cool. Thought it was all ridiculous from the get go
TMD
Silent But Deadly

Post by TMD »

Should have never made it court in the first place
Freedom1973
Silent But Deadly

Post by Freedom1973 »

TMD wrote:Should have never made it court in the first place
Unfortunately, This state is full of Agendas and Sheeple. I just got a transfer with my company to move to Virginia. Freedom here I come. I can now add to more fun items to my collection with standard capacity magazines. I will be trading my CCDL sticker for a VCDL.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

This lawsuit should have never seen the light of day.

The news media shares, maybe even is a major player in the "hype". Their stories are taken by the masses as truth, when it is just dramatization to sell advertising. The majority of the news networks are in places like New York, or Washington DC with the news people knowing little or nothing about guns. I've heard an AK-47 referred to as an AR-47 or an AR-15 as an AR-47. Automatic to them means full auto, not semi-auto. And my favorite the "high capacity clip", instead of what it actually is, a magazine.

In their rush to scoop the story, responsibility for truth goes out the window. Freedom of the press is more of a legal way to lie.

I also think the politicians take the altered facts from the news as well.
Sithlord
Silent But Deadly

Post by Sithlord »

hardcase wrote:This lawsuit should have never seen the light of day.

The news media shares, maybe even is a major player in the "hype". Their stories are taken by the masses as truth, when it is just dramatization to sell advertising. The majority of the news networks are in places like New York, or Washington DC with the news people knowing little or nothing about guns. I've heard an AK-47 referred to as an AR-47 or an AR-15 as an AR-47. Automatic to them means full auto, not semi-auto. And my favorite the "high capacity clip", instead of what it actually is, a magazine.

In their rush to scoop the story, responsibility for truth goes out the window. Freedom of the press is more of a legal way to lie.

I also think the politicians take the altered facts from the news as well.
This. 1000x this. What the uneducated masses don't know WILL hurt them. I wish I could own a 30+ year old machine gun.

Let's not forget the 30 clip-magazines that can be fired in .6 seconds.

Lies circle the world before the truth is uttered. A lie told 1000x becomes truth.
hardcase
Silent But Deadly

Post by hardcase »

Some of this legalize is over my head. It seems the basis of the lawsuit was some sort of anti-competitive law. The judge ruled the lawsuit does not satisfy the exception to federal law that gives immunity to gun manufacturers for the actions of gun owners under the federal Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) or the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act (CUTPA).

The unfair trade practices angle seems way out of line. How on earth could this possibly be viewed as a basis for this lawsuit?

I figure this decision will be appealed as big money from the anti-gun crowd is most likely financing the lawsuit.

This most likely is just the first attempt. I expect another type of frivolous lawsuit against the same defendants based on something else to try and serve as precedent for other such lawsuits, especially since most likely Hellary will be the person appointing judges or nominating replacements to the Supreme Court. The only thing I have personally in this fight is I'll probably be dead before the case gets settled. I just hate it for you youngsters and the direction of our country.