How far can you shoot subs?

Discussion about rifles in 300 AAC BLACKOUT (7.62x35mm), hosted by the creator of the cartridge.

Moderators: gds, bakerjw, renegade

bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Re: How far can you shoot subs?

Post by bangbangping »

Pretty good first attempt, Walker. You're going to be dangerous if you actually work up a load and shoot from a decent rest.
Walkers Bay
Silent But Deadly

Post by Walkers Bay »

bangbangping wrote:Pretty good first attempt, Walker. You're going to be dangerous if you actually work up a load and shoot from a decent rest.
Think I'll stick with that load but remove a few variables from the shooting.

Been bitten by this shooting distance bug though. Might have to go looking for a 3-4 & 500m piece of the old mans farm that can be used as a safe long distance range.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

Well, no target for this month. Sorry for the delay. As I said I shot a load earlier this month that sucked. Was going to post that card but apparently the wife got tired of it laying on the table. Today I had a load with two different bullets, started shooting and couldn't see crap due to mirage. I finally saw a bit of dirt fly and realized I was over shooting the card and the backer. The bullets come in at such an angle I couldn't see the dirt fly behind the target. By that time I had 3 rounds left and it was getting pretty breezy. I fired the 3 guessing the hold under and impacted off the card and right by 2 inches. I'll use this next week for the Sept. target. I appreciate you guys giving me an extra week,even if I don't have anything to show for it.
You can't beat the mountain, pilgrim. Mountains got its own way.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

rebel wrote:Well, no target for this month. Sorry for the delay. As I said I shot a load earlier this month that sucked. Was going to post that card but apparently the wife got tired of it laying on the table. Today I had a load with two different bullets, started shooting and couldn't see crap due to mirage. I finally saw a bit of dirt fly and realized I was over shooting the card and the backer. The bullets come in at such an angle I couldn't see the dirt fly behind the target. By that time I had 3 rounds left and it was getting pretty breezy. I fired the 3 guessing the hold under and impacted off the card and right by 2 inches. I'll use this next week for the Sept. target. I appreciate you guys giving me an extra week,even if I don't have anything to show for it.
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

That doesn't make me feel better bang.
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

rebel wrote:That doesn't make me feel better bang.
Sorry. I had no words. Sucks for sure.

Do you know yet why they were shooting so high?
rebel
Silent But Deadly

Post by rebel »

I tested them at 50. Chrony readings were avg 1026. I don't really know to be honest, one load was a new powder/bullet combo for me. The other was with a bullet I have used but with the new powder. Not enough testing time, completely my fault. I'll work it out.
dellet
Silent But Deadly

Post by dellet »

rebel wrote:That doesn't make me feel better bang.

I'll drink to that :mrgreen:
300 Blackout, not just for sub-sonics.
Dolomite_Supafly
Silent But Deadly

Post by Dolomite_Supafly »

My 280+ grain bullet has shipped. I just need to build a Savage to shoot it now.

Are there any class limits or is it run whatever you want?
WWW.thegunmilitia.com

Come join the militia!
bangbangping
Silent But Deadly

Post by bangbangping »

Dolomite_Supafly wrote:Are there any class limits or is it run whatever you want?
As long as it's 300 BLK, you're good. Just post what it is and your load data along with your target.